Nice To Meet You

Hi! Im currently reworking this story so please be patient with me! Also, you can find my link tree in my bio with links to my twitter for better updates, and to my spotify for playlist curated to my stories!

The first day of any new school year is always nerve-wracking, especially college, although I think I was most nervous because I decided I was finally going to stop living in Tooru's shadow! I grew up as a nobody, I tried to make friends but anyone I met just used me to get closer to the oh-so-popular Tooru Oikawa! Well (Y/N) Oikawa will be a nobody any longer! I looking at the full-length mirror in the corner of my bedroom, taking in the morning air and the third outfit I had tried on this morning. I tied my hair into plats, a hairstyle that seemed to go with my dusty rose tee-shirt and dark wash jeans. I threw on a charcoal grey windbreaker for an added touch. I picked up my backpack, making sure everything was in it, even though I prepped it last night. I walked out of my room and into the kitchen, grabbing my favorite fruit for breakfast.

"Woah Shittykawa you didn't tell me you lived with a chick." An unfamiliar voice called out from behind me. I whipped around, a fit, dark-haired, hazel-eyed young man was only a few feet away from me. I took a step back, not quite sure who he was but hoping he was someone my brother knew.

Tooru came barreling down the hall, toothbrush still in his mouth, "Iwa-Chan if you lay a finger on my sister I'll kill you right here right now."

"You got a sister?!" this so-called Iwa-Chan asked. His voice seemed familiar, maybe I had heard it through the wall in high school?

"Yeah, that's who lived in that other room." Tooru replied, spitting his toothpaste into the sink, "I guess I never introduced you guys."

"No." I simply replied, "Is he your friend or something?"

"(Y/N) this is Iwa-Chan!" my brother cooed, "He's my best friend!"

"Nice to meet you, it's Iwaizumi by the way." he reached his hand out to me, I assume to show he was a nice guy but with how buff and stern-looking he was that was fairly hard to believe.

I took his hand, shaking it softly, "(Y/N), nice to meet you too."

"I don't think I ever saw you around Sehjo?" He questioned, stuffing his hands back in his pockets.

"Um, I was kind of invisible..." I softly replied, getting a bit nervous around him, "I think my friend is waiting for me at the campus so I should get going."

"Ride with us (Y/N)-san!" Tooru cheered.

"You'll just have to sit in the back." Iwaizumi added.

"I guess that would be fine.." I swung my backpack over my shoulder, following the boys out. I stuck close to Tooru, feeling a little bit safer by his side. I kept glancing over at this friend I had never met before, realizing the name 'Iwa-Chan' was one I had heard Tooru say often. Maybe he's his secret boyfriend. Either way, he didn't seem like someone I would get along well with. I climbed into the backseat of Iwaizumi's car, setting my backpack on the floor next to my seat. I'm not sure why but I sat behind the hazel-eyed boy instead of my brother.

I adjusted the mirror before turning his head around to look at me, "Is my seat back too far?"

"No, it's fine." I simply replied, a little nervous to converse too much with him.

"Why are you being so nice Iwa-Chan?" Tooru pouted, "You're always so mean to me!"

"Yeah well, your sister doesn't seem to be as shitty as you." He scoffed, starting the car before pulling onto the road. The school's campus wasn't very far from our apartment, but Tooru had a thing for showing up in style and judging by his car, so did Iwaizumi. He drove a sleek black Nissan 35oz, which I had seen in one of the fast and furious movies in my youth. Even the inside looked like a man's car, something that was built to go fast. I looked out the window, seeing the campus entrance and feeling relieved when I spotted a certain carrot top waiting not the steps with his raven-haired boyfriend. The second the car was stopped I got out mumbling a quick, "See ya," Before jogging off to Hinata, "I missed you guys so much!" I exclaimed, wrapping my arms around my only two friends in the whole world, "Wanna go to a coffee shop after our classes?"