Chapter Two

Addie's POV

As I walk in to homeroom for the assembly, Aleck tries to talk to me. I wheel around.

"And plastic is made by the giant whales in the sea," He finishes.

"No, it's not. It is made from both plants and conventional feedstocks," I say, using the word "feedstocks" simply to confuse him.

I walk away, shaking my head. I sit at my seat and wait for everyone else. Amanda comes in first and sits next to me.

"I wonder what the assembly will be," Amanda says.

"Yeah..." I say.

Both the Alyssa's walk in, with Ainsley and Raegan. Anusha walks in behind them, then Aparna. Once everyone is here, we walk down to the auditorium.

"Good morning, seventh grade. Today is the first day of a sort of an exchange program. Students from New York are coming to school here, but we are not sending any over to them. So, the twelve students are up on the stage witmh me today. Allow me to introduce them," the principal says.

A short girl steps forward.

"Kate Southburg."

A boy steps forward.

"Jack Lawrence."

She goes down the list. I see the girl from the library at the end of the line.

"Amy Clifle," she finishes.

Ainsley gasps. I look over at her curiously.

Ainsley's POV

I recognize her with a start. Amy. She was my best friend for the summer that I went to New York. But then, she had to hurt me the way she did.

Flashback:
I knock on her door. She steps out and we walk to the library. I step out in to the road, but she looks around the corner. Her face has fear written all over it. She seems like she isn't telling me something. Suddenly, a car comes around the corner. The driver looks terrified when he sees me. The car hits me, and everything goes black.

-end flashback-

Hatred fills my mind as I think of how she never told me. I was stuck with two broken arms because of her. After the assembly, we go to our third block classes. Then, ww go to lunch.

Aparna's POV

I sit at the lunch table. As we all start to eat, one of the girls from the assembly walks up. Amy. Ainsley regards her coldly.

"To what do I owe the...pleasure...of seeing you?" Ainsley says sarcastically.

Amy doesn't catch the sarcasm.

"Look, I'm sorry about what happened in New York. I really am. I hope you'll forgive me," Amy says.

She walks away and sits at an empty table.

"Ugh," Ainsley says.

"Who is she?" I ask.

"The reason I broke my arm when I was nine," she replies.

When lunch finishes, we all walk to class.

Amanda's POV

I tune out in history class. I can always ask Addie or Alyssa 1 for help, anyway. At the end of class, I hop on the bus next to Raegan. Ryan sits in the seat in front of us.

"Hump dayyyyyy, yeah!" A bunch of boys in the back of the bus shout.

"Shut up!" I yell back at them.

The bus stops at our stop. We pile out and walk home. When we get inside, I quickly do my English homework. Raegan and I study French, then watch TV.

"Dinner!" Mom calls.

I run in and start eating pizza. My favorite.

After dinner, I go up to bed and play my phone for a while, then go to sleep.

Author's Note:
Do you like this length of the chapters? Or is it better longer? Or shorter? Don't forget to comment and vote, and I will follow you back!