-Chapter 2-

"You have a choice, you can choose not to pull that trigger" Klaus warned stepping forward warily, as count Olaf tried his best not to gain eye-contact with him.

"And you can choose death by harpoon" Olaf replied with a stern voice only for Violet to take a step closer., his voice began to shake.

"You don't have to do this" Violet whispered as his hands began to shake more visibly as sunny proceeded to take a step closer.

"Its all I know how to do" He whispered back, his hands lost grip of the harpoon gun as he took a step back away from the three Baudelaire siblings.

The harpoon gun fell into Violet's and Klaus hands as a relieved expression formed on their faces on their face as it landed safely into the palm of their hands.

"What is all that noise" a voice shouted startling the two siblings as the harpoon gun fell from their hands as they turned to see a tired Mr Poe standing at the grand entrance of the Hotel Denouement.

As they realised what they done, they watched as the harpoon gun rip through the air and watched in horror as it went through Dewey.

"Dewey!" Violet shouted as she watched the triplet of the Denouements fall to the ground kneeling beside him as he limped to the floor.

"Are, are you okay?" She added on shaking his arm.

"Oh my that man has been shot" Mr Poe added startled watching as he fell to the ground from the distance.

"What do we do" Klaus asked kneeling beside Violet and had been shaking Dewey.

"Take him to the hospital immediately" Violet said still distressed by the the harpoon in Dewey's chest.

"Baudelaires you just shot that man with a harpoon gun along with that other man who I dint really get a good look at. You will stay right here while I get the manager" Mr Poe shouted with a look of seriousness on his face.

"He is the manager" Violet mumbled glancing up from Dewey who lay on the floor to Mr Poe as he ran back into the building.

The three siblings waited as people looked from the windows of the hotels not noticing the count as he managed to slip away from the scene. Two more men came from the hotel both equally as distressed as the other.

"Oh my- take him to the hospital immediately now" Either Frank or Ernest spoke to a group of people standing, watching the scene unfold.

"Three of you, I thought the Denouements were twins" Mr Poe said looking from the three similar faces, though his remark went unheard by the twins and well as the siblings who wactched as Dewey was moved from the scene

The three siblings watched as everyone left, the harpoon gun however laid on the floor untouched.

———🖤———

"Is Dewey safe... he's safe right?" Kit asked, her voice still sore and rough as she began to recover from the Medusoid Mycelium "he's fine right now?"

"I-We're not sure...the building caught on fire and then and then..." Violet replied her voice trailing of at the end as she saw the distress in Kit's eyes.

"And then what.." Kit asked again, a cough interrupting her.

"We don't know what happened to Dewey, Kit"

Kit's face fell she said, tears visibly growing in her eyes, "My baby will never see her father"

"You don't know that- "Klaus interrupted, "he could be fine"

"Ye" Sunny added on loudly

"Is baby ok?" Kit asked as the sound of cooing filled the small tent, a small smile replaced on her face but the tears however remained.

"She looks perfectly healthy" Violet commented smiling as the baby scrunched her face causing Kit to chuckle.

"She has her father's eyes" She smiled taking her daughter back into her arms.

"What do you want to name her?" Klaus whispered as the baby continued to coo.

"Hm, Beatrice always was a lovely name for me"

"Beatrice.." Violet whispered "It's beautiful for her"

"Mhm" Sunny added on, the smile growing on her face.

"The tide... it's turning back" Klaus said looking out as the water began to drain from the coastal shelf, the wind pushing the entrance aside giving them the view of the moon as it rose as well as the coastal shelf being drained.

"The tides only do that one a year.." Violet added.

Kit gave a weak smile "then we better get started to make a home here, at least for the year"

"You have to sleep, me and Klaus will gather food and stuff. You, Sunny and Beatrice should rest"

Kit nodded still smiling weakly as she watched the two siblings walk from the tent.

"Come on then Sunny, your mother had told me how much you enjoyed reading stories"