Chapter 24

Chapter 24

"Alyssa! What are you doing!" cried Jacob, drawing his saber and backing away from the large armored Humanoid before him.

"…How could you!" Alyssa cried firing a large blast of energy toward Jacob.

Quick on his feet, Jacob flipped away from the energy and knocked it away with his saber. He couldn't hurt Alyssa, he wouldn't! He had to stop her; he had to calm her down.

"Alyssa please, think about what you're doing! I didn't mean to kill Ryan, it was an accident!"

"LIAR!" Alyssa screamed, dashing toward Jacob at an alarming speed and grabbing the red Humanoid by the throat and slamming him into the wall. Jacob dropped his saber during the attack, and he kicked helplessly trying to get out of Alyssa's grip.

"Alyssa! It's me, Jacob! STOP!"

"NO! You deserve the same fate as Brother, you dirty liar! You promised me…you promised Brother!"

"I'M SORRY!" Jacob choked, as Alyssa pressed him harder against the wall.

After a few more moments of holding Jacob to the wall, Alyssa backed away and watched the red Humanoid fall to the floor. He was panting heavily, a few seconds longer and he probably would have been killed. But Alyssa didn't attack again, she waited for him to grab his sword and stand once again.

"Alyssa…please….I….don't….want…to hurt you…"

"Well I do!" Alyssa yelled, firing a large beam of energy at Jacob.

Jacob quickly jumped toward the wall, kicked off from it, and propelled himself over Alyssa's armored body. As he went over her he slashed with his saber, cutting a large gash through the metal on Alyssa's arm. Alyssa turned back toward Jacob and fired a hail of bullets at the hunter, and Jacob ran all around Alyssa dodging the bullets. After circling Alyssa twice Jacob dashed toward her and sliced the armor horizontally, causing Alyssa to back up. But Alyssa fought back still, and a large metal gauntlet surged forward and slammed into Jacob's body, sending him across the room.

As Jacob stood once again Alyssa sent another hail of bullets his way, and this time a cloud of small probes were sent his way as well. Each probe had a turret on it, and the entire cloud fired at Jacob as it moved toward him. Slicing his blade, more for defense than anything else, Jacob deflected a few bullets as they moved toward him. One bullet he deflected hit one of the probes, and it exploded.

With the probes weakness found Jacob began kicking off the wall, sailing into the center of the cloud, and slicing at the probes madly. One by one the probes fell, and Jacob felt quite proud of himself for finding their weakness so early, but just as the last one fell yet another cloud was sent his way, followed by another and yet another. The cloud of probes was growing larger and larger, and it became quickly apparent that Jacob couldn't defeat them all.

Turning his attention away from the probes, Jacob took the fight straight to Alyssa. As he ran toward her, his sword in front of him, he screamed to his friend.

"I don't want to fight you Alyssa! But you leave me no choice! If you want a fight, then you've got one!"

Jacob slid underneath the large mech, and sliced its underside as he went by. A large gash had been cut through the metal, and Jacob knew that Alyssa was running out of battle plans…or was she?

With a sudden roar of sound a set of jet rockets ignited on the mech's back, and Alyssa rose into the center of the cloud of probes. She turned toward Jacob with a smile, sitting in the cockpit of the suit helped her stay away from harm for the most part, but Jacob was vulnerable.