07

❝ - Red lights, stop signs
I still see your face in the white cars, front yards
Can't drive past the places we used to, go to
But I still love you, babe, ooh.❞

Liz and Watson Brewer's wedding. Stoney Brook's biggest event, but one I didn't want to attend.

Sam was going to be there. I did not want to see him.

Mum was pushing me for about an hour before we left.

"Are you wearing the buttercup yellow dress y/n?"

"No mom. That one has the stain on it from the Richardson's wedding."

"Right, so four out of five of your dresses are a no. Which leaves the black dress with the silver butterflies."

"What dress?"

My mother pulled out a dress from the back of my closet and I gasped, my eyes immediately fluttering away.

Tears clouded in my eyes and I turned away to blink them back fast.

"Honey are you okay?" Mom asked me, worried all of a sudden.

"Oh, uh, yeah. It's just. That's the dress I was wearing when. You know."

"What?"

"When I had my first kiss with Sam." Tears were coming too fast and they spilled down my cheek as I bit my lip and tried to breathe.

Mom's expression turned soft and she gave me a hug, kissing me on my head.

But I could only think of one thing.

It was a weekend. Sunny summer day, lively, filled with joy.

2 teens, out on a new experience in their lives.

Sam had asked me out for the first time, a random stroll in the park.

Our fingers brushed togethet, red blush rising to my cheeks everytime.

After the umpteenth time, he entwined his fingers with mine, a smile on his face.

Stopping to face him, time had stopped, everything around us still, until all we could hear was the beating of our hearts.

And when I pressed my lips to his, everything was perfect. I knew then I'd rather be in his life than not have him in mine.

Now all I can do is cry.