16

"Actually Julie, I just about to—"

"WE'RE PLAYING THE ORPHEUM!"

"No way! Really?"

"The boys got us the gig earlier–hey! I wanna speak to Lyric"

Julie huffed in the phone before a screech was heard from Julie's end.

"Hey Lyric!" Reggie spoke.

"Hey, Regster!"

"We're playing the Orpheum!" He shouted in to the phone, making Lyric hold her phone out. And the line she was standing in to pick up her drink went silent as all the people, even the staff looked at her.

"That's amazing Reg! I'm so happy for you. For all of you. Could you put Jules on the phone?"

"Okay you're now on speaker. Everyone wants to hear you...where are you?"

"I'm at Starbucks. I went shopping to find chocolate and marshmallows and passed the shop and–"

"GET ME SOMETHING" shouted Julie. Louder than Reggie.

"No." Spoke Lyrical.

"What. Why not?" Julie said.

"Because I'm not paying for your drink."

"I'll pay you."

There was one person in front of Lyric, before she got to order. She said fine and Julie squealed.

"I'll have what your having. I don't want some weird fruity drink or cookie dough stuff. Just plain Vanilla please with a LOAD of cream."

Lyric could practically hear Julie's smile through the phone. She said alright before saying her goodbyes and hanging and walking towards the counter.

She flashed a smile before ordering 4 drinks. One for her brother, one for Julie, and 2 for her. The both being different.

———

Knocking on the door, Carlos answered. "Ooo, got one for me?"

"No sorry bud, you can a quick sip of mine though" she said handing Carlos the drink he took the lid off, taking sip so he wouldn't have to use the same straw as Lyric. "Shes upstairs" he said before letting her in. "Say, you got a sharpie?" She asked the small boy. "Uh, yeah why?" He asked. "I need it, oh and some sticky notes or maybe tape and paper" Carlos nodded before she walked in to the kitchen 3 drinks in hand, she had dropped off her brothers on the way. "Oh hey kiddo" Ray said. "Hey Ray, whatcha doin'?" She asked. "Oh just about to make lunch, You staying for lunch?" She nodded and put down the drinks. "Here you go" Carlos said handing the girl the Sharpe and sticky notes.

"Thanks" she said. She grabbed the pen and notes writing,

Keep your hands off my cookie and cream frappuccino julie.
~L

And stuck it on her drink and put it in the fridge. She then glanced at Julie's frappuccino and thought she may as well put it in as well.

Don't worry, I won't drink yours jules
~L

Ray chuckled at the blonde girl before he started lunch, "see you later Ray, Carlos" she said before grabbing the her drink and heading up stairs. She walked in to Julie's room and seen her looking through a box of Clothes. "Hey Jules–" before she could say anything julie ran up and took her drink. "I haven't had one of these in ages!" Lyric looked at her. "That was mine."

"Oh, for real? Oops. My germs are on it now." She said. Lyric rolled her eyes.

"Dunno what I should wear for the Orpheum" the girls eyes widened.

"You're playing tonight?"

Julie nodded. "I know! Didn't give me enough time to choose an outfit!" Lyric rolled her eyes. "I don't even know how I'm supposed to help the boys!"

"We'll figure it out in the moment but right now. We should just eat lunch, be normal until well...its time."

———

"Thank you for lunch Ray, I'll see you later jules."

"Will you need a ride there?" Ray asks the girl.

"Uh no, I've got a skateboard"

"Okay kiddo, we'll see you there." She says her goodbyes before heading home

"Hey brooke! Wanna come watch Julie's band with me tonight?" She said walking in to the kitchen. "Sure L, you performing too?" She shook her head and he nodded. "We ain't taking the car. We're going old school" Lyric said. Her brother raised a brow until he realized she was on about racing down to the Orpheum on their boards.

She showered, changed, dried her hair before going down the stairs and seeing her brother all "snazzy" she said, "thank you" He said to her before he opened the front door and walked out grabbing his skateboard in the process.

"I haven't done this in a long time, but no doubt I'm better than you." He said to his sister.

"Yeah, yeah we'll see"

"1...2..3!"

Before they both kicked off and swerved down the street.

——————————

"Damn bro, you're a bit slow" she said has she finally seen her brother get there. "Well in my defence...I almost crashed in to a fence." Lyric rolled her eyes and walked inside. Getting in she seen the Molina'sand Tia in the VIP area, and..."why is are the Wilson's here?" Her brother asked. "I thought Carrie wasn't friends with julie?"

Just then Carrie spotted the two Johnsons and waved them over. "Is she waving to us?" Brooke asked. "Looks like it" they both walked over and sat down next to Carrie. "Daddy, you remember Lyrical and Brooklyn right?" Carrie asked. Her dad moved his gaze. "Ah yes, Carrie tells me you quit Dirty Candy?"

"Dad not right now." Carrie spoke

"Uh-yeah I um, did"

"Can I ask why?" Trevor asked the girl.

"I wanted to stop doing something for other people. Every time I did that song or dance, it was because was asked to, and Carrie was my Best friend, so I'd do anything for her. Quite loyal like that. But it started to get boring, so I quit." She spoke with a calm tone.

"You weren't answering my texts about quitting, so I thought you reconsidered. And what is this, something?"

"I actually do not know. I've considered many things. I'm hoping by the time it's my last year of high school, I'm working towards something for my career."

"Right okay so–" but the man got cut off my a dramatic Flynn. "Julie's panicking quickly" I stood up and ran to the back rooms with Flynn. "Jules what's wrong?"

"They're not here"

"Huh?"

"They ain't here Lyric, they're gone."

"No, no they—"

"THEY'VE LEFT."

Julie shouted at Lyric before running out. "She's not gonna perform is she?" Flynn said and Lyric shook her head. "Yeah no, probably not"