Chapter 3

Darkness... That was all Willow perceived at first... But then a murky shadow formed in front of her eyes. Krystal! She was crying, blood gushing out of her wounds in gargling spurts. Ripped skin swung in a pendulum like motion, hypnotizing Willow's eyes. A sob containing anguish and despair fell intermitently from her torn mouth

"Help..."

Krystal cried. Willow tried to reach her ghostly sister, but she disappeared instantly under Willow's touch.

"KRYSTAL!"

Willow wailed, thrashing. When she looked again, she realized that she was in a hospital of some sort. The walls were a pale green and it smelt of alcohol and metal. IV tubes were poked into her arms and blood soaked bandages were wrapped around her injuries. How can such a typical day turn into a nightmare?

"Hon, you okay?"

A smiling nurse came over and adjusted some tubes.

"KRYSTAL!"

Willow shrieked again, grasping her hands tightly until fingernail marks were all over her hand. The nurse's smile diminished into a solemn look.

"She's gone, honey."

"Wh-where's my mom, is she okay?"

Asked Willow, frantically looking around. She gripped the bedsheets tightly, twisting them into a knot. The nurse's face turned pale and sick.

"She-she's, not here..."

The nurse stuttered.

"W-what how? What d-do you mean?"

Gasped Willow, her mind reeled. Her mom had to be okay!

"Sorry, Willow, the shock of... You know, was too much for her. Had a heart attack... I'm really really sorry."

"My mom wouldn't leave me! She wouldn't! She wouldn't! You are lying you-you little... W-what kind of s-sick joke is this?"

Willow was in too much shock, it can't be, it can't be! She curled in a small ball and cried. Tears running down like a waterfall of sorrow. Her chest ached, like an empty hole had been ripped through. The nurse looked miserable, and left to get some medicines. Willow heard soft, murmurs from the nurse and an unknown companion.

"That poor girl."

"She must be psychologically damaged, I'll be looking into being her counsellor..."

Willow groaned, slapping her bandaged hand over her swollen head. All she needed now was to talk about her sorrows and fears. She curled up tightly, whimpering.

But in that moment, Willow heard a voice. A comforting one, telling her to be strong, to be watchful. And in that moment, she gathered courage which brought Willow over the verge with anger. She was going to hunt Mallory down, even if that's the last thing she'll ever do. Rip out her skull, decapitate her limb and trash her intestines, chucking them down to hell where the babysitter belonged.

But, she had to wait. Her injuries would only bring her down from getting the deranged babysitter. Willow prayed her wounds wouldn't take long to heal.

***

Few hours passed and officer with the name of Eitan Jang payed her a visit.

"I'm here to investigate the "incident". So far, our search has brought us nothing. But perhaps, your story may help us."

Willow burst out the whole story, Mallory, everything that had happened. Though she left out the bird part, she didn't want him to think she was insane and dump her to the nearest asylum.

Officer Eitan thanked her and left, saying his best wishes to her recovery.

If only her soul could recover as easy as her body.

__________________________________

Dedication Challenge.

Try deciphering this code S T O E E I T A E S S S I N O Y