2 - Graham

Enjoy and don't forget to vote/comment!
Dedicated to: demiGod103 (for actively voting and commenting)
- - -

"Where the heck is this Graham guy?" Maximus muttered as he took out a cigarette and lit it, "I'm sure Grayson and Jaq are long gone by now."

"He'll be here," A man with brown hair told him, "and if they're already gone, good for them. This trip was simple, we just had to deal with Jamison here."

"Why do we have to travel separately anyway?"

"Think logically, Roman. If an extremely powerful supernatural travels with an Alpha with a gigantic target on his back, don't you think we'll be watched? Riker would easily take that opportunity to wipe you out."

Maximus sighed and puffed on his cigarette for a moment. After only a few moments of silence, Maximus spoke again.

"Dan, you said he'd be here at seven, it's nearly nine," Maximus said.

The brown-haired man simply shrugged, "Graham probably goes by his own rules. I've never met the guy, I've only talked to his associate once."

"And you thought it would be a grand idea for a total stranger to drive me to Toronto?"

"Well-"

They were interrupted by the rev of an engine. Maximus turned his head as he eyed the car that pulled up besides them. The moon shone brightly on the car's pearly hood, but the windows were tinted so it was impossible to see inside. The door opened and a blonde woman hopped out of the driver's seat.

"This is Graham?" Maximus whispered to Dan.

Dan shrugged, "I assumed a person named Graham would be a guy, sue me."

The woman stepped in front of them and halted their conversation.

"Alexis Graham," she said and emphasized on her surname.

Maximus mentally face palmed and put out his cigarette.

"Maximus," he stated.

"I seem to have forgotten my name, but you can call me yours," Dan said cheekily.

Alexis merely ignored Dan's comments, "Shall we go, Maximus? We're got quite a long ride ahead."

"Yeah," Maximus replied and slugged a Nike backpack over his shoulder.

"What's inside this?" he asked Dan.

"T-Shirts, jeans, a jacket, condoms-" Dan replied.

"Shut up man."

"I'll see you back in Toronto, alright, dude?" Dan said.

"Yeah."

Alexis maneuvered her way around the car to the driver's side and Maximus took this as a silent invitation to enter the car. As Alexis started up the car and pulled away he heard Dan call:

"Be safe children! Use protection."

- - -

The hours ticked by in silence. They had been driving for almost a day and they had only stopped once. Maximus gazed out the window, as he wondered how his pack was holding up. He shifted in his seat, the leather seats no longer seeming as comfortable as they once were. The silence was incredibly uncomfortable but he felt no urge to break it. Maximus didn't feel like trying to learn about this girl.

"Would you stop that?" Alexis suddenly snarled.

Maximus turned his head toward her, "What?"

"Shifting in your seat. You look like a toddler that needs to urinate."

Maximus snorted. Who says urinate these days? He thought.

"Something funny?"

"Why are you acting like you have a stick up your butt?"

"Excuse me?"

"You're excused."

"I don't have a stick up my butt!"

"Sure seem like it. Why the heck are you so easily irritable right now?"

Silence. Maximus scanned her face for any flicker of emotion but he saw nothing. He did notice though, that her jaw was clenched and her right eye would twitch every now and then. She finally broke the momentary silence with a short sentence:

"I think that Riker's been tracking me for a while."

"So?"

"He'll know where you are and that could jeopardize whatever you have to do."

"Why did you still agree to pick me up?"

"I can't break a promise. I owe Dan, anyway."

"How are we getting to my pack then?"

"We'll have to drop the car once we're in Canada. Why did you and Dan travel separately anyway?"

"If we're in a car together and we get attacked, than we could both die. It's less likely for both of us to be attacked at the same time. If one of gets attacked, then one of us will survive."

"Ah, well get ready Maxy, this drive will be long."

"Maxy?"

"I like using nicknames."

- - - - -

Shorter update.

Picture of Alexis's car to the side.