What now?

Chapter Text

It hasn’t been long. The sun’s gone down, the bright moon casting a cold shadow over the city, the only source of yellow light being from the lamp posts that lined the streets, most flickering or broken. Izuku raised a few fingers to his cheeks while he wandered around aimlessly, meeting only dry skin peppered in freckles. Has he not cried yet? But he always cries. He cries when someone says good morning to him, yet here he is fucking galavanting around after his mom got crushed beneath their own home. Makes sense.

What comes next? Is he supposed to go find someone for help? Who would ever help a useless Deku like him? Izuku didn’t even want to think about how the foster system would treat a quirkless kid like himself, he would honestly rather take his chances with the rats on the street. At least they wouldn’t bully him.

No, Izuku was too tired to think and he pushed everything out of his head, mind going blank and just letting his legs carry him to nowhere specific.

Izuku wasn’t thinking much of anything until his foot sunk into the ground, a different texture than the pavement and sidewalk he’s been walking on. He blinked a few times with a cold expression and kicked the new substance with the toe of his red sneaker. It was sand. It was then Izuku picked up on the distant sound of small waves crashing onto the shore and sinking away over and over again.

The grimy, flat stone on his left had some letters carved into it, difficult to read without any proper light, but the moon seemed to be enough as Izuku approached the rock, running his fingers along the cracks. “Dagobah Beach,” he mumbled under his breath when he read the title out loud, turning around to get a good look at the area.

To put it nicely, it was shitty.

Like, instead of a sandy beach it was more of a junky beach. Literally. The entire shore was covered in a variety of forgotten and unwanted objects and Izuku carefully approached the water, looking at his reflection. It seemed like he fit right in.

All the fucking extras were louder than usual today, it pissed Katsuki off. “Don’t touch me!” he spat when what was his name again? Tch doesn’t matter. Boulders clapped him on the back with a stupid smile, blabbering on about something Katsuki couldn’t bother to care about. “Did you hear what I said?” Katsuki groaned and kicked his feet up on his desk, “What.” “All Might saved like a bunch of lives yesterday!”

Okay, as much as Katsuki would rather rip his ears out and shove them down the extras throat to get out of listening to another word this extra had to say, he did like All Might.

“Send me the article then.”

Katuski tapped through his phone with a scowl and opened the newest news report, the image of nothing but rubble and dust taking up his screen, All Might smiling brightly with his hands on his hips. Katsuki couldn’t help but scoff knowing that one day he would be the new All Might, the new number one hero.

He skimmed the text with a bored expression, but his thumb froze when the street name was mentioned. Red eyes slowly moved over to the desk not far behind him and his breath hitched when it was empty. Deku was never late, it was just the nerd he was.

“Hey!” he shouted louder than necessary towards, uh, his name, Boulders. Yeah, Boulders. “Doesn’t say anything about deaths.” The moronic dumbass shrugged, “I dunno man, it’s pretty fresh. If anyone died, it’s probably still, like, a secret of whatever. Doubt anyone died if All Might was there though!”