Just another bad day, but worse

Izuku Midoriya was used to pain. Wow, that sounded so emo. But he really was, it seemed that’s all the universe wanted to provide for him.

“Stupid, quirkless Deku!” Kacchan laughed and Izuku fought the urge to roll his eyes, at least come up with some new insults, you uncreative gremlin. “Look! He’s shaking in those stupid shoes!” No, he wasn’t. It’s called not eating enough and being partially malnourished.

“Just stay still Deku, this shouldn’t take long,” Kacchan laughed as two other boys suddenly knocked him to the ground and pinned him down, Izuku so tired he couldn’t even pretend to be scared.

Explosions crackled from the ash blondes hands as he laughed, “Can’t even fucking fight back! What a Deku!” Jeez, we get it. Deku this, Deku that, spice up the insults pretty please. Izuku felt the heat skim his cheeks as Kacchan laughed, burning his skin to the touch. Of course, Izuku couldn’t help the screams and cries that escaped his mouth, he was being burned for fucks sake, but that only made the boys laugh harder. “Crybaby!” one of them cackled and Izuku just closed his eyes, hoping Kacchan would leave soon.

“Look at him, you’re a waste of air!”

“There’s no room on this planet for people like you!”

“You’re so useless, what’s the point of staying alive?”

“Just do us one last favour, jump!”

Kacchan did leave, but not before throwing more insults with explosions to back them up. “Deku, let me give you some advice,” he sneered while he crouched down, looming over Izuku’s small form.

“In this world, there are the strong and the weak. The strong become the great, like All Might. Like me! But you, you’re weak. Nothing. No one will miss a fucking Deku like you! You can’t do shit right, you’re too much of a coward to even kill yourself! Fucking quirkless shit. Stop trying to be a hero. Be fucking realistic.”

This all began when Izuku turned four. Sitting in the brightly lit office, the doctor rambling on about some stupid fucking bone in his foot. It all hit at once, Izuku would never have a quirk and he would never be as strong as All Might, or even Kacchan. But he could still be a hero, right? Anyone can be a hero as long as they want to save people, to help keep society safe. It’s really not that complicated.

“I’m so sorry Izuku!”

“Quirkless? You don’t have a quirk? That’s weird!”

“Deku, we can’t play heroes! You don’t even have a quirk, stupid.”

“Stop dreaming and look at the facts. You’ll never be anything of a hero without a quirk.”

Mom might not believe that he can become a hero, but Izuku still believes in himself, and that’s what matters! Dad got really angry about a quirkless son, but that was in the past and he was gone now. Sometimes Izuku knew it upset his mom too, he was the reason their family was broken after all. Mom would never admit anything, but Izuku knew he was a nuisance in her life, why wouldn’t he be? As Kacchan put it, he was nothing but a stupid, quirkless Deku. At least Izuku could maybe add hero to that list as well.

Even nine years later it was all the same, and he was just as weak. With all the quirkless comments, suicide baiting jokes, physical and mental abuse, Izuku had grown so tired, simple tasks such as waking up in the morning was difficult when he was able to sleep. At least he had mom, she loved him.