Chapter 23 - The Nun and The Shrine Maiden 1

"Hm?" Theresa was minding her own business when he heard hurried footsteps outside. She wondered what is happening as she got up to take a look. As she was about to get to the door, it suddenly slide open.

"Milady, have you seen Sakura?!" Glynne yelled but paused when he could not see Theresa in the room. He furrowed his brows as he could have sworn that he felt her presence here a while ago.

"I'm down here." A voice says prompting him to look down. Theresa was there rubbing her butt as she fell down from the surprise earlier.

"What are you doing down there Milady?" Glynne asked as a nerve popped on Theresa's temple. She slowly raise her fist as she was contemplating if she should hit him or not. "...Ah, never mind that! We need to find Sakura! It's an emergency!"

"Eh, what happened?" Theresa asked.

Glynne clenched his fist. There are running out of time but he can't find Sakura anywhere. He decided to spill to Theresa what happened earlier and about what the woman had said to him and Kallen.

Due to the growth of number of honkai beast and zombies in the forest, the village is growing anxious by the day. With the raid from a few weeks ago, the village seems to have come to a decision. They needed to deal with the growing danger somehow.

They all gathered and reached in a mutual decision. On the next full moon, they offer a sacrifice to their god.

Normally, it was not for Glynne to butt in as it is the village's tradition. However, what they offer as a sacrifice was neither crops nor meat, but it is a human. He obviously can't overlook it, using a life as a bargaining chip to someone who he don't even know if it existed is nothing but hogwash.

"Wait, are you sure about that?!" Theresa asked. Even though it was a state of emergency, she is staying her head cool to access the situation.

"I'm not." Glynne admitted and shakes his head. "If it's a lie then it is good but if the off chance that it is the truth, I won't be able to sleep peacefully."

"Where's Kallen then?" Theresa questioned.

"She has gone on ahead right after discovering the news." Glynne uttered while hanging his head. "I tried to stop her but she's already way too far."

Theresa nodded as it was to be expected. Even though she was still recovering, Kallen still has the title of the strongest Valkyrie. That said, the fact that she has gone on ahead is still problematic.

"Sakura gone out a while ago...no, maybe..." Theresa paused as she is muttering something. She thought that this couldn't be a coincidence. Sakura may be living in seclusion but she is still the village's shrine maiden. If this was a tradition of the village then it would not be surprising if she knows about what is currently happening. Considering her personality.., "Let's go! If we go now we might be able to catch up with Kallen."

Glynne was a bit taken back of the sudden declaration. He was about to asked about Sakura but held back when he saw the determined look in her eyes. Theresa has already come into a decision and as her servant... no, as someone below her, he need to follow orders with no question asked.

He just give a nod as an affirmation. Both of them then got out and run to be able to catch up with Kallen and perhaps also Sakura.

@@@@@@@@@

"Oi oi oi, you got to be kidding me!" Glynne exclaimed while weaving through the forest.

Glynne and Theresa was heading to the village to the shortest route. However, it seems like it was the wrong decision.

Their path was infested with honkai beast. As soon as they got spotted, they got immediately got swarmed.

Glynne picked up Theresa to his arms and upped his speed. Using the trees as a cover, he run through the hordes of honkai beast.