Chapter 8

Eight

I remember when you asked me about my experience with BDSM.

The truth is, I'd read a blog entry about a Daddy Dominant and his Little Girl just the night before that'd hit so close to home, I'd almost started weeping. Back then, you were waking up parts of me I hadn't even known were dormant in me.

It was right around here you became my world. I clung to everything you said.

That's never going to change, Mew.

"Are you looking, Daddy?" Julia yelled, adjusting her floaties.

"Of course I am, my love." I lowered my newspaper and watched as she darted into the pool where Gulf was waiting to catch her.

I grinned when my girl surfaced with a victory shout.

"That was fantastic," Gulf praised her.

"Did you see, Daddy?" she called.

I chuckled. "I saw every second of it. You're doing so great."

"Yeah," she laughed. "Chase me, Gulf."

"Okay, I'm gonna chase ya."

I smiled and shook my head at her antics. She swam about as gracefully as a dog with those floaties around her arms, but damn, she belonged in the water. She was fearless—sometimes too fearless. When I was in the pool with her, I let her get rid of the floaties, and she simply counted on me always being there to hold her up. She could throw herself in any direction without warning.

"Damn, we needed this weekend." Victoria stretched out on the lounger next to mine. If I were to venture a guess, she didn't miss her family right this second.

"Indeed." I hummed, returning to my paper.

Our first two weeks in the Caribbean had been hectic, and we'd covered Martinique, Montserrat, St. Croix, St. Thomas, the Dominican Republic, and Aruba so far. Yesterday, we arrived here in Jamaica for a much-needed break.

Gulf had received a reality check and no longer thought my job was glamorous "100% of the time." We'd had back-to-back meetings with staff, managers, and local ad agencies that drained us to the point where we collapsed at the end of the day and didn't care about dinner. Water was the constant requirement. Frequent showers and ice-cold water to drink.

In the end, I chose to focus on my obsession with Gulf. He was getting...antsy. I still managed to make him blush with the occasional touch or something I said, but I hadn't made any new advances since our rendezvous in Martinique.

The first time I sprayed sunscreen on him, I thought I was going to lose it. His expression had been priceless. And I definitely hadn't missed the disappointment on his face. The sweet boy had expected more groping.

He needn't worry. We were staying in Jamaica for four days, and I only had three work commitments. Tomorrow, I was taking him—and only him—to a private beach.

If he thought my current swimwear "put everything on display," wait till I wasn't wearing any at all.

I didn't know what was wrong with the trunks I had on, to be honest. They were black, comfortable, and had the exact same cut as regular boxer briefs. Hell, Victoria's husband wore identical trunks. She was the one who sent me the link to them.

"Daddy!" Julia hollered. "Come swim wid us!"

I probably should. It was getting hot, and I wasn't sure if it was sunscreen or sweat that made my chest hair sparkle like a drag queen at this point.

I got up from my lounger with a grunt and tossed my shades on my towel.

"Yay, floaties off!" she cheered.

I laughed softly and sat down on the edge of the pool. The water felt cold, so it was a good idea to cool down. I'd been in the sun since breakfast. As I lowered myself into the water, cursing at the temperature, Julia threw off her floaties and hurled herself from Gulf's embrace. It was a good thing he fished her out of the water.

"You're a little nut, darling," I told her. "You can't swim yet."

"Yuh-huh!" she argued and spluttered.

I dove under the surface, only to emerge when she was within reach. Slipping my hands under her armpits, I pulled her to me and peppered her face with kisses.

She giggled madly and pushed my cheeks together.

"Am I cute now?" I asked, puckering my lips.

She found me hilarious enough to give me a big smooch. "Daddies can't be cute."

"Says who?" I laughed.

She shrugged. "I dunno."

"I think some daddies can be cute," Gulf said and swam around us in a circle. "Especially your daddy."

I puffed out my chest and smirked smugly. "Hear that, Julia?"

"Really?" She scrunched her nose and hooked her arm around my neck. "You think my daddy's cute?"

Gulf nodded, his lips near the surface of the water, and swam up to us. To my surprise, he stroked his hand along my lower back while he booped Julia on the nose.