Trains

.A/N: heyyyy! Thanks for reading this! Okay so they're on there way to the Capitol finally! Can't wait for the actual games and I'm speed writing this! Sry I'm not updating I'm reading a lotta fanfics right now lmao but I'll keep going... hope you enjoy! Also play the song while you're reading. It'll give effect *jazz hands*😊💜✨✨

 It'll give effect *jazz hands*😊💜✨✨

Well she can underestimate me. That'll be fun.

The cameras pretty much followed me everywhere until Shay scared them away. I tried to keep my face straight and emotionless.
The other tributes from the different districts can't see me looking scared and weak, that would label me a weak target in the arena. Maybe it would work if I did that. They could underestimate me for what I really can do.
I mean I am still going with my sweet Birdie act, that looks weak enough.

In truth I was biting my lip hard to hide the rush of emotion that came over me as we were walking up to the trains. Sapphire had gone through all this as well, probably stepped where I am stepping.
She was only nine but I couldn't help thinking of her as the older sister. The way she brushed my hair at night and sang our sister song to me when I would rush into her room with nightmares.

This week had been hard enough with all the pressure of the reaping and training for the games. Now i'v been getting all these Sapphire filled dreams or nightmares, sometimes she was prancing along beside me clutching my hand and singing our song. Other times she is screaming, a bloody spear in her back. The boy standing beside her, laughing.

Shay took my shoulders and lead my into the train. I was glad she was here with me. I needed a friend and a bit of home left with me. I had always hated district one but as I boarded the train taking in my unfamiliar surroundings, I never felt more homesick.
The train was fancier than anything I had ever seen back at home, but that just made it much more unfriendly.

The carpets were beautiful but rough and scratchy, the curtains extravagant but weren't really curtains at all. Maybe that's the best way to describe the Capitol and their people. Beautiful but unpractical. I glanced at Chasity. She certainly looked uncomfortable in her stiff looking dress and dangerously high, heels.

Chasity insisted on touring us four tributes around. The train seemed almost endless with a variety of compartments filled with expensive looking furniture. Each one of us was granted our own room with our own bathroom, dressing room and bedroom. I  had never thought it was possible to have more than one room in a room but I guess the Capitol people proved that wrong.
I fell head first in my plush bed and my eyes began too droop down. Finally some sleep. Today had been so exhausting. A small nap can't hurt.
I was wrong.
Shay came bursting into my room.
"Birdie! What are you doing?" She throws of my blankets and I moan.
"Get up! Are you seriously sleeping when we're going to the Capitol?"
"Might as well sleep while I can before people try to kill me Shay!" But I get out of bed rubbing my eyes and yawning widely.
"We're all eating in the dining room discussing tactics. Just remember don't listen to a word I say to the other tributes, ok? I'll discuss the real plan with you tonight." I nod and we head down to the dining room. The other tributes were already there hungrily gulping down their lunch.
I had never gotten a proper look of the tributes.