Chapter 1: Ball Gowns and Dresses

----------

“Britalia, darling! Come down, your new ballgown has just arrived!” I heard my mother shouting up the stairs.

I rolled my eyes, stopped reading my book, and rolled off my bed onto my rug. Ahhh... the feeling of soft, fluffy clouds... the blanket that fell off my bed with me... I could just sleep and sleep and sle-

“BRITALIA! Please come down for your gown.”

Gosh, moms. I got up and wrapped my warm woolen blanket around my shoulders and walked down the stairs of our large estate. Coming into the large entry room, I saw my mother holding two giant boxes trying to simultaneously walk.

“Oh Talia, dear, give me hand would you,” my mom sighed.

I grumbled and got the box labled Lady Britalia Monchesti in fancy letters and balanced it on my head and walked back through the hall, up the stairs, and back into my room. I dumped the box off my head and it bounced on my bed before landing on the floor. Stupid box.

“Motherrrrrrr! My box fell over!” I shouted.

“Where is it?” she replied without even moving towards my room. Sigh, she knows me too well.

“On the floor...”

“Pick it up.”

“Sounds exhausting.”

“Britalia, you need to work a little bit harder than that,” she scolded back. I sighed, and bent down to pick up the box off the ground. Geez, the effort. Oh what the hell, might as well look at what the dress looks like. I seriously hope my mom has gotten over the frilly puffy ballgown fashion that she has been trying to get me to like forever. I opened the box and pulled out...

A frilly puffy ballgown, what a surprise. I sighed and pulled it off my bed and held it up away from me, there were jewels sewn into the skirt that sparkled when it swirled. The fabric was a silvery and shimmered in the light. The gown swished across the floor as my arms moved it around... its so...

Stupid. So princessy it’s sickening. I am so sick of these dresses, every ball, my mother gets an even fancier one. But alas, I will not be able to avoid wearing this dress, for my mother is a persistent woman. Just my luck, to be the most defiant girl, with the most stubborn of mothers.

“MOTHER!!!! Another princess ballgown? Really?” I whined down the stairs.

“WEAR IT! It’s a lovely dress, you will be the star of the show at the next ball, and perhaps catch the attention of a young man,” she sighed dreamily. So, the prince, that’s what this is about. I haven’t heard much about him, but I do know that he has a fan base the size of a country, oh wait, thats because the whole freaking country loves him.

There is always a crowd in one center of the room surrounding one man, and I intend to stay away from it, too much drama for little old me. My mother on the other hand, probably at the center talking to the prince about how “wonderful” and “beautiful” I am, and hinting that I would be a “perfect match.” Gosh, when will she and basically the whole population of women get that you can’t have a perfect match with someone you have never met before.

But today is a good day! Saturday, my day of having fun and hanging out with my friends, so I will put this ballgown behind me and move on with my life.

tap, Tap, Tap, knock, Knock, KNOCK!, BANG BANG BANG BANG!

“Oh shut up Lianna.”

“Wakey, wakey!!!!!”