Chapter 3

We both left the office.

He closed the door behind us.

"So" Jackson said walking.

"Hm?" I asked catching up to him.

"Are you a normie too?" He asked.

I stared at him confused. What the fuck is that? I halfheartedly smiled, still confused with amused by my own thoughts.

"I-umm" I shook my head. "What?" I asked.

"Well you know human? Are you human too?" He asked.

"Oooooh um well no" I awkwardly smiled. "I'm not human?" I said.

"Oh? You look like a normie like me" he smiled.

Thinking for a few, looking back at if my parent ever said anything about what we were. "At least I don't think I am."

We walked down the halls together.

"It's quite nice to see someone else that looks kinda like me here." He swayed to turn and talk to me.

Jackson rubbed the back of his neck. "I know you might think I'm weird es-" "I don't think you're weird dude."

"You seem real cool" I lightly smiled.

He looked away from me, his face flush of a light pink. It dusted his features nicely.

"Oh I- umm thank you" he smiled.

"Oh!" He spooked me, "here's biteology" he stopped.

Bumping into him as he came to a fast stop, "sorry" I let out a pathetic whisper, so glad I didn't have any makeup on anymore. I peeked in a little.

"Woah" I awed, jaw slightly dropping in amazement. "That's a lot of monsters" I kept staring.

Jackson placed his cold hand on my forearm, "yeah there's a lot of monsters at the school" Jackson smiled, smiling back at him.

He continued to show me around.

Time skip

The bell rang.

"It's time for lunch" Jackson said.

"Oh," I stood there as the students started to flood out of their classes, "ok cool."

We stood there in silence, not exactly awkward or uncomfortable but kind of silent surprise, mainly coming from him.

"So uhh lunch?" He motioned towards the cafeteria.

"Oh, yeah" I looked around, "could I sit with you?" I smiled awkwardly.

Jackson froze, looking shocked. "Umm," he looked around as if someone was playing a joke on him, "I-I don't think you want to be seen with me."

"You sound like my human friends" I stared at him.

"Y-you have normie friends?!" He asked.

"Oh yeah," I lightly smacked my head as I forgot to tell him, "I uhh transferred from a human high school" I flicked his forehead.

"Wow, that's surprising" he rubbed his neck.

"Well," Shrugging lightly, "where else would I be living the sewers?" I laughed.

He stared at me, awkwardly laughing. "Umm yeah" he stepped back.

Jackson bumped into a minotaur.

"Hey!" The guy turned around. "Watch it normie!" He pushed Jackson, poor thing fell on the floor.

"Shit dude!" I yelled, bending down to help Jackson up. "What the he-" "Is this your girlfriend Jackson?" He laughed.

The monster bent down to my level, I took this as my chance.

Looking deep into his eyes to find one of his more tolerable fears.

Jumping at the adrenaline finally figuring out the perfect thing to shape shift into.

"Manny!" I yelled morphing into his sister. "Is that really what you are doing? RIGHT NOW?!" I yelled sounding exactly like her.

The boy stood there terrified. "I'm sorry" he bent down.

"Do you mean it" I grabbed his septum.

"Yes yes I'm sorry" he looked up at me.

Laughing as I started to shift back to my normal self, my voice distorting as I did.

"H-how did you" he stuttered.

"It's just fun I'm not harming anyone am I?" my voice still slightly distorted but in my voice, slightly, now.

It hit me, I was so distracted with my own fun that I had forgotten about Jackson.

Turning back and looking down where Jackson was, or where he was supposed to be.

He's gone.

I started to freak.

Did I scare him? I hope I didn't.

Was I ditched? God that would be embarrassing, wouldn't it?

Was I really ditched by him.

This is embarrassing.

I can't believe this.

Maybe humans are bad.

God I'm so stupid.

Looking around the cafeteria for the boy I had just spent my whole morning with.

No where, he's completely gone.

This sucks.

When I finally try and make friends they just leave me like that.