Chapter 2

X sobbed quietly as he let Four's lifeless body roll into a dip in the ground he had dug up. His heart burst with pain, Four's body no longer moved up and down in rhythm to his breathing, his fur no longer glowed with life and his eyes were not bright anymore, they were dull, and lifeless. He yearned to be cuddled up around Four's arms and comforted, to play little fun games again. But that'll never happen now. He was gone. Forever. Footsteps gingerly edged behind him, and he turned around. It was Coiny.
"Hey, X..I'm so sorry you had to go through this. I mean it," he draped his arm across his shoulders. X sniffled and shut his eyes tightly. "It's okay.." Coiny reassured.
"It's not!" X sobbed, anguished. "My best friend is gone forever!" He glanced back at Coiny, seeing his eyes round with sympathy only made his heart ache more. "Can't you ask Two to recover him?"
"I've tried! He won't and I don't know why!"
"Then you'll just have to learn how to."
"Huh..?" X's heart dropped. "But I don't know how to revive! I don't even know where to start!"
"We can try many different things, to help you," Coiny mused. "Do you want to?"
X hesitated. It would be one of the most difficult things he'd have to do—and risky, Two could catch him and be pretty upset with him. If Two didn't want to revive Four, why would he want X trying to?—what if he failed and did even more harm to Four then what had already happened? It'll never work out! Unless they try to keep it between them, and find out what works then maybe..
X fantasized Four dropping out of his hand successfully. They could be together again and run away. His heart lurched with warmth at the thought, yet it was right at his fingertips.
"Okay," X murmured reluctantly. "Lets do it."

"Concentrate!" Coiny yowled gruffly as X held his hand out and strained. "Think of somebody random you want to recover! Just for a start. Let it sink into you."
X groaned, gasping. He was breaking a sweat, and beginning to to turn red with frustration and tension. "Okay, stop! You need a break," Coiny sat down.
X exhaled, panting. He dropped himself to the ground in exhaustion, his heart rapidly throbbing. Coiny cast a side glance at X, smirking, "how about we try a different plan. Like fighting Two. We can of course train for that."
X's heart lurched, fighting Two? He shivered with fear at that thought. He disliked Two now, but perhaps it was only a grudge, besides, he wouldn't dare hurt Two, both out of fear and compassion.
"No!" X gasped at last, fur rising. Coiny snorted, "it could work though."
"No, it wouldn't! He's really strong! I thought Four was the most powerful person I ever knew! But then.." X's words fell in his throat, causing his to tremble as pain seared his heart. His head flashed back to Four's limp and lifeless body. He choked, gasping. Coiny stared at him with sympathetic eyes, "I'm sorry."
"No, no it's fine..It's just.." X's throat tightened dry, and tears began to prick his eyes once more. He hugged his knees, moaning softly in grief. Coiny got up, "we'll think of something, I know it. We just- have to try, y'know?" He stared at the small, yellow X. Coiny couldn't believe this empty sad pile of purity once was so sweet and happy. Now he looked as drained as a shriveled plant, the light in his eyes no longer there. Was there any hope at all? Certainly there was another solution, there's always a way, especially to stuff like this. It may be impossible, but still possible.
A sudden jolt struck him. Where is Two right now? He's been gone for an awfully long time.