Chapter I: The Anonymous Novelist

* Year 2020

**************************

Jao Fontanez

Some known writers doesn't state their real name but in my case? It doesn't really matter cause none of my fans had seen me. Not even once. I am Javier Alaudi Octavius M. Fontanez or Jao Fontanez for shorter term because my name is longer than my patience, and if you're thinking that I suffered during my kinder garden and elementary days? Well I did but that only lasted for a year.

One of my readers has asked me once. 'How will I describe myself as a writer?'

I just simply replied that I am a humble, nice, little hard working, a person who loves to give and is not a jerk but the last one is a joke. It's only half meant, I mean? Who doesn't have an attitude? What kind of human being are you if you don't have a bad side? Didn't you know that bad sides are what makes us human beings?

My biological parent's name is the only thing I can't remember due to an unwanted accident five years ago, now? I'm currently living with my foster parents. They didn't really adopted me legally, that's the reason why I can still have my own identity despite having them as my guardians.

My father's name is Jiro Yoshimura while my mother's name is Akiyama Yoshimura, these couple are Japanese citizens and are married for quite some time now. I'm a Filipino mixed with Spanish-French blood, it's a bit complicated but I don't really a damn about these things. At the end of the day, I'll still become one of the stars.

My father is a kind and generous man, he treats me like his own son although I'm not. He works as the manager of our cafe down the street and my mother is the one who's helping him after preparing meals for us, I'm a 11th grader student at a international school.

I'm not that fluent when it comes to their language, but I can understand their letters and writings. I didn't want to ruin it so I decided to work my ass off and might as well help myself to pay my own tuition fees and other expenses. I'm a student during the day, a part timer during the afternoon and an anonymous novelist at night.

I'm Jao Fontanez AKA Mr. Cloud-Walker, I'm using that username on both Wattpad and Webtoon app or websites for three consecutive years now. I've been a novelist and a webtoon artist since I was twelve years old, I don't know how it started but it did really went well. My stories are all about horror, morbid deaths or tragic love stories but still? People supported me and loved it a lot.

My followers, fans and I'd say admirers skyrocketed and now? I have at least five million followers on Wattpad while four million and five hundred thousand on Webtoon and still counting... But I achieved those things because I've earned it, not because I begged nor paid for it.

And last but definitely not the least, I can speak tagalog because before I went here in Japan? I used to live in the Philippines with my biological family based on my foster parents. They didn't hid the truth, they told me everything after a year of losing them. They knew I'd be sad and be in pain but it's a part of me, it's not like the result would be the same if they preferred to keep it.

Although they told me the truth, they didn't told me about one thing and that is my biological parent's name nor anything about them because they knew I'd remember it someday. It'll be better for me to be like this for a while, I was just suffering from a temporary mental related problem but I'll be better soon enough. I just need to take care of myself.

I was busy fixing my necktie when I suddenly heard a knocked on my door, it's my mom for sure...

"Jao? Come down now! You'll late for school if you don't hurry up!!". She reminded me.