3- The Hogwarts Express

03

03

It was September the first, which meant that Hermione, Harry, and the Weasleys would be heading back to Hogwarts for the year. Hermione's stomach blossomed with nerves as she stuffed Cedric's latest letter into her pocket as she headed downstairs with Ginny. "Ron! Hurry up! You'll make us miss the train!" Ginny shouted up the stairs as the two girls reached the bottom, pulling their trunks behind them, Crookshanks' cage atop Hermione's trunk.

"I'm coming, I'm coming! You should really be blaming Pig! He wouldn't go into his cage, the bloody owl is full of so much energy." Ron said as stomped down the stairs behind them. When Hermione, Ginny and Ron made it to the kitchen, the group made their way into the front yard, where two ministry cars awaited them. Hermione, Fred, Ginny and Harry climbed into the first car after sliding their trunks into the magically-expanded boot; Hermione was stuck between Ginny and Harry in the back seat as Fred opted for the front passenger's seat. Their ride to King's Cross was amusing, the driver let them play whatever station they wanted on the radio. When they met back up with the others, she had gotten the impression that George and Ron had not had as pleasant of a time while spending the entire car ride with their parents.

They boarded the train at 10:58 am, and Hermione, Ron and Harry found a compartment near the back. As the train pulled off, Hermione got up. "I need to use the loo." She said.

Ron let out a laugh before taking a snip at her. "I thought we told you to use the loo before we left? Brightest witch of our age my--"

"--Well I apologize that you have several brothers who also like to use the loo before they leave!" Hermione retorted, cutting him off as she got up to leave the compartment. She watched as Harry gave Ron a push on the shoulder and didn't realize that she was about to collide with a very handsome sixth year.

"Oof! Sorry, I wasn't looking, that's all my- Cedric! Hi, sorry again!" She said as she realized that he had caught her for the second time in the past few weeks.

"I don't reckon it's coincidence that we keep meeting like this," he said as Hermione lifted herself out of his arms. He had caught her yet again.

"I'm really sorry Cedric, I should've been looking-"

"Really Hermione, it's fine. Would you like to come to my compartment? I'm sure friends would all really like to meet you," he laughed.

"Oh! Sure, of course, sure!" Hermione struggled to find words. Cedric Diggory was asking HER to come to his compartment? The other girls on the train would be so jealous, not that she cared about what the other girls thought. As Cedric started to walk away, she remembered why she had left her compartment in the first place. "Actually, er-- can I meet you there? I've got to use the loo."

"Oh, oh yeah! That's not a problem. I'm actually out here to find the Geranium," Cedric said as they started walking towards the end of the train.

"Who?" Hermione asked, both confused and slightly jealous, though she had never heard of a student with that name.