1. Coronation Day

Tommy had always been overlooked. And with a family like his, it was easy to see why.

His parents, Philza and Kristin, were a wonderful king and queen. They were blessed by the gods to rule over the kingdom, it seemed. They were a perfect match, and perfect rulers. The people loved them. Philza was the only son of his parents, and Kristin was the daughter of two nobles, one of which served on the Kings council. It was a match made in heaven. Philza took over as King once his father passed, and quickly took Kristin as his wife and Queen, and the kingdom fell into an age of prosperity.

A few years later, they announced they were expecting. Instead of one child, they were blessed with two. Twins. The first born, who they named Technoblade, meaning 'he who cannot die', would grow up to be a genius military strategist. He was quick with a blade and a plan, always ready to take action. He was short tempered and risky, practically made for war. The second, who they named William, meaning 'strong willed warrior', would grow up to be the darling boy in the public eye. He was charming, ever the flirt. He was known for his music, poems, and songwriting. The people adored him and all he stood for.

Then came along Tommy. He was unexpected, the royal family was considered full, but yet here he came. The kingdom was happy for another child to be added to the family. They named him Thomas, meaning 'twin'. Tommy had opted for the nickname soon after he learned what it meant, almost like he was being taunted constantly for being born after his brothers.

But, like all happy stories, they must come to an end. The kingdom went into despair after Queen Kristin fell ill. She was sick and she wasn't going to get better. Tommy was two at the time. After months of looking for a cure, it was easy to see there wasn't one. She passed away not quite a year later, and the kingdom went into mourning.

It had been fourteen years since that day. Tommy was turning 16, and therefore would have princely duties. The kingdom never quite recovered from the death of the Queen, but nevertheless life moved on. All three brothers began to shorten their names; Technoblade to Techno when he wasn't at war, William to Wilbur when he wasn't performing, and Thomas to Tommy at all times. Wilbur also was married at age 18, to a woman named Sally, and they had a son named Fundy. Fundy was 3 now.

~•~

The crowd cheered as the royal family took the stage. Phil first, smiling at the crowd, donning his signature green suit and tall gold crown. Then, Techno, his infamous axe hanging at his side, in less formal wear with some armor. Wilbur then entered, wearing a simple black suit with yellow touches, arm in arm with Sally, in a beautiful yellow dress, baby Fundy balanced on her hip in his own tiny yellow tux. Finally, Tommy walked out, dressed in the fanciest suit he had ever worn. It was all white, with a red sash going across his chest.

Phil took his seat atop a tall podium, Techno to his right, just slightly lower. Wilbur, Sally, and Fundy sat side by side a row lower. And at the bottom stood Tommy.

"We gather here today to celebrate Prince Thomas Simon Alaric 16th birthday." Phil announced, smiling. The crowd went silent. "As you all know, when a prince reaches 16, they are sworn in as a crowned prince." Phil stood once more and walked down to where Tommy already stood. "Are you ready?" He asked softly, away from the prying ears of the crowd.

"Yes." Tommy responded, smiling at his father.

"Thomas Simon Alaric, I now pronounce you Crowned Prince of the Antarctic Empire." Tommy kneeled in front of his father, who placed a small intricate crown atop his head. Tommy stood and nodded, bowing to his father. He then turned to the crowd and smiled brightly, camera flashes going off.

"I'm proud of you, son."

None of the family got up to congratulate him, except for Sally. She set Fundy in Wilburs lap and headed over to her brother-in-law.

"Congratulations, Tommy." She whispered to him, embracing him in a tight hug. "You're going to do great things, just like your brothers." She fixed his tie for him and smiled widely, adjusting the sash on his shoulder.

"Thank you, Sally." Tommy nodded to her. He and Sally had always gotten along really well, in stark contrast to his relationship with Wilbur. She was like an actual older sister, someone he could always trust.

Another camera flashed, and then the royal family was ushered out of the room, away from the prying eye.

~•~

The family sat, eating silently as they always did. The only conversation was between Wilbur and Sally, or Techno and Phil. Tommy was left to sit quietly and eat, as he did most days.

"I am going out of town for about a week." Phil spoke up. "I have to travel to a country called Manburg to sign a treaty. While I am gone, Techno is in charge of anything that would usually go to me." He turned to his youngest. "Tommy, I expect you to be on your best behavior. You will have lessons three times this week. Do not skip it. Listen to your brothers and your guard. And please, for the love of all that is holy, do not sneak out of the castle. It is far too dangerous after your coronation as prince." He added in a serious tone. Tommy nodded.

"Of course, dad." He sighed and looked down. "May I be excused?" He asked.

"You may." Phil nodded. Tommy stood and walked out the door, headed straight for the kitchens. He needed to see his favorite person.