House Party

A/N: just for clarification, in this book, sirius and narcissa are NOT cousins, cutting all blood ties between May and Draco. i thought i ate with that one but was just very uneducated. y'all are NOT related. this is back to your pov btw, enjoy :)
—————————————————————

A week. I attended all my classes, attended every meal, but never once saw Draco. Was it because of me, or Voldemort? Either way, I refused to think too hard on it. After all, he did leave me when things got too hard.

"What do you think May?" Hermione asked me from across the table.

"Huh?" I shot my head up.

"Come on May! Stop thinking about him so much, we're throwing a party Friday in the common room." Hermione spoke up.

"All houses welcome, you could probably make a certain someone jealous." Fred winked at me.

"I don't need to make him jealous because that means I care, and I don't." I rolled my eyes.

"It seems like you do care though sweetheart." George rebutted.

"Well I don't!" I snapped.

"Right." The twins said in unison, giving each other a look that said 'she's crazy.'

"Come on May it'll be fun." Ginny spoke, arms linked with Harry. They had made up a couple days ago and were back to normal. I spoke to Ginny to make sure there were no hard feelings, and there wasn't.

"Fine! I'll go okay." I laughed as everyone around me cheered teasingly.

"I'm gonna head to class early alright gang?" George spoke out standing up.

"See you later Georgie." I smiled, and he waved at me.

"Finally, that bloke is gone, May we need to talk." Fred leaned in over the table to me.

"Fred no! You promised George!" Ginny lectured, slapping his shoulder.

"Oh I'm helping him! You see Kingsley, Georgie has a bit of a crush on you." Fred winked.

"Don't be silly, of course he doesn't!" I laughed, but Fred only looked at me and raised both his eyebrows. "Oh my god does he really?"

"He does, so you need to dance with him at this party. It'll kill two birds with one stone. I heard Zabini talking about dragging Malfoy out. He'll be fuming jealous, and while you're at it, you can get to know Georgie better." Fred really was a genius with schemes, and this one may just work. What's the harm in giving George a chance? Draco lost his.

~

I slid on a skin tight satin black dress. As I stared into the mirror, I admired how it perfectly went with my green butterfly necklace I had worn all year. That was, until I remembered who gave it to me.

I pondered my thoughts for a moment, and thought it best to take it off. It would only make Draco all the more jealous seeing me dance on another guy without anything on me implying I was still his.

Just stepping out of my room I could feel the bass of the music, and hear the loud chatter. As I walked down the staircase of the girls dormitory, all eyes were on me. But right now, only one mattered. I scanned the room, and noticed Draco's eyes were most definitely stuck on me.

For a moment, I wanted to run to his grey eyes, but instead I had to run to a pair of brown ones. George stood right by the staircase speaking to Fred. Clearly Fred planned that.