Chapter 20

I almost closed my eyes, waiting for the slap to come just like with Octavia, but it didn't come.

I looked at her, she was still starting at me. It was nerve-wracking to be honest.

She sighed and turned around just to sit on her bed with head in her palms.

This reaction was not what I expected. I was expecting something similar to Octavias'.

"Uh Ashley?" I said cautiously.

She turned her head up looked at me, without saying anything. She shook her head.

Now I regret saying anything. I should've just kept my mouth shut. It'd be easier if Alexandra suddenly disappeared without me revealing anything.

Can I just pack my bags and leave the country?

I could feel sweat forming on my head, breathing was getting harder. Was I about to get panic attack?

"It's my turn to be honest." I was looking at her. "I knew" I heard her say, she was looking right in my eyes.

Knew what?

"Huh?" I was confused.

She crossed her legs "I knew it was you in school." She said

"How? When?" Since when?

"Do you really think I would be dumb enough not to know? I can recognize you if you disguise as platypus" she giggled.

"Platypus?" She knew and she wasn't furious? What was she talking about?

She smiled. "You had your car, Alex is short for Alexandra, you knew about the engagement. But I recognized you on the first day of school when you bumped into me, the moment I looked into your eyes." She was looking right through my soul.

She stood up and went in her closet. I was just standing there. It was really stupid of me to think she was just a dumb cheerleader who was all beauty and no brains.

She came back after few minutes after she changed her shorts into pajamas. She laid on bed, opening magazine again.

Then why was she bullying me all the damn time?!

"What about Jacob and bullying me?" I snarled.

"Jacob is stupid and I don't really like him. I'm the head of cheerleader, so it made sense me dating him." She shrugged without looking at me.

I hummed and was waiting for her to continue.

She looked at me, I raised an eyebrow. She sighed, put aside the magazine and sat.

"I was hurt and furious when you didn't recognize me the first time. I didn't know what to do so.." she trailed off

"So you started bullying me" I finished her sentence as I sat at the edge of the bed.

She chuckled nervously. "I'm really sorry. I just wanted your attention. I even made out with Jacob in front of you to get reaction but I failed. Honestly I was waiting for you to tell me" she replied.

"In short you've been acting the whole damn time." It made sense. Her acting differently towards me since day one. I might be nerd but I was a cute nerd.

"But why did you come to school like that?" She questioned

I sighed "I wanted to study. Just study without any trouble. But you totally ruined it for me"

She shifted and came closer to me. "I didn't know that." I nodded. "But I did help you. I completed our English work and submitted on time" she added

"I know. Thank you" I bowed

She chuckled and I smiled at that. It feels good.

"They why did you tell me about your feelings the other day?" It was still bothering me.

"Cause you're oblivious and I hate to tell you. I took the opportunity and told you without actually telling you" she grinned.

This girl was crazy. She was definitely beauty with brains.

"I guess we both are now happy with our wedding" she voiced

"Yeah." I nodded

We were looking at eachother. I felt her placing her hand on my cheeks while glancing at my lips. I could hear her heartbeats. She was nervous.

I decided to be bold and leaned in to place my lips on hers.

The kiss was slow and soft. Her lips were the softest thing I've ever felt.

I wasn't nervous but somehow my heart was racing.

We pulled back. It was short and sweet kiss.

We looked at eachother and she smiled that made me smile.

"So.. you gonna breakup with Jacob?" I asked

"Yeah, unless you want to have an affair with me" she said jokingly.

I chuckled nervously and rubbed the back of my head. I don't know how I'm gonna tell her about Octavia.

"No, definitely not. I want you all by myself" I grinned.

I stood up. "You're going already?" She asked.

"uh yes, I need to take care of something" I lied.

"Oh okay" she was disappointed.

She stood up and we walked silently downstairs. I saw the maid working in kitchen. She smiled when she saw me and I smiled back at her.

This place still feels like home. Warm and cozy.

We walked into driveway til we reach my car.

"Ash" I said that made her look at me.

"Yeah?" She was waiting for me to say.  I took a deep breath. Should I tell her about Octavia? Will she be mad?

I still don't know how Octavia felt. What if I say everything now and mission Octavia fails? It's better not to take risks.

I shook my head. "I'll miss you." I pecked her lips. She smiled widely and enveloped herself in my arms.

Her breath on my neck was tickling me a bit.

"I really like you Alex." She whispered on my neck.

I pulled back from hug and she groaned.

I laughed and kissed her passionately.

It was soft but needy. I didn't want to rush into anything.

"In going now" I said as I went inside car.

"Call me" she waved

I nodded and drove off out of gate. I didn't know why I feel like I was cheating on her. We still weren't in relationship officially.

I remembered our kiss. I love her lips.

It's been years since I felt happiness. Maybe this time I really experience love.

My heart was warm. I was genuinely happy.

Suddenly Octavia came across my mind. I sighed

It really made sense if I just give up on her and be happy with Ashley. But I can't.

Something about her intrigued me. I really want her.

I need a new plan.

A/N

💀