Chapter 5.

Artemis POV.

Today was the day I would meet the Seeds. I'm a bit nervous about this meeting. On one hand, I am nervous but on the other one, I need to know if Jacob is alright. So when I woke up this morning I together with Hades walked over to my wardrobe and I asked him to search for something more appropriate for this meeting. An old pullover with holes and my ripped jeans weren't such a good idea.

Since Hades is looking for something appropriate, I enter the bathroom and get ready for the day. I don't need long and when I was done I go back to my bedroom to see if Hades found something. I take it and could feel that it was a dress. It reaches to my knees. I take it from him and put it on. I also search for my white converse since combat boots wouldn't look good with a dress.

After dressing I enter my small kitchen where I make breakfast for me and Hades. Steak for him and scrambled eggs for me. We finish quickly and after doing my dishes I make a few more bottles of antidote and anything else I may need. I put everything in my small backpack and we were ready to go.

On the door I again took my coat and bow with me since can never know what will happen on the way. I activate Hades' collar and open the door. I lock up behind me and we walk the small path down through the trees. Hades knows the way so I follow his lead will I hum a song lightly and after a while, I start to sing the lyrics.

~ Only you
Can make all this world seem right
Only you
Can make the darkness bright
Only you and you alone
Can thrill me like you do
And fill my heart with love for only you~

I quietly sing my favorite song and hum the rest. I let myself feel the sun which peeked through the trees and listen to the birds and animals around me. I'm at peace here in those woods. The walk to the Veteran Center didn't take long and we soon arrived at the gate. I listen for anyone so that they would let me inside but there doesn't seem to be anyone around here. Just as I wanted to call Maria I heard running and shouting something about a 'prison break'. Someone must have broken out so I give Hades the signal to catch whoever just tries to escape the Center.

Hades jumps into action and runs off to god knows where. I ready my bow just to be save. I concentrate and soon hear heavy footsteps running in my direction. I hide behind something and wait for the footsteps to approach me. I could tell that the prisoner will soon run past me so I jump out of my hiding spot and draw my bow. He stops abruptly in front of me and I can hear Hades' paws on the ground. The prisoner has nowhere to go.

We stay like this, me pointing my arrow at him and Hades growling behind him till we hear the shouts of other people. One I can identify rather quickly. I again hear running and soon someone lowers my bow and I can feel Hades leaning against my leg. I pad his head and give him a small piece of raw meat I always carry in my backpack. I hear a thud in front of me.

'Someone must have handcuffed him again. Or hit him so he loses consciousness.' I think to myself. Some footsteps leave but I still feel a pair of eyes on me. I turn in the direction from where I could feel a person.

"Hello, Artemis. Good to see you again." The familiar voice of Maria appears beside me. A smile makes its way to my face.

"Hello, Maria. It's good to meet you again too." I say happily. But all too soon I remember what just happened.

"What was that just now?" I ask confused. Maria groans and takes a deep breath.

"That was one of the Whitetails we caught a while ago. He killed one of our youngest recruits so we took him here to interrogate him. But he could escape just now. Thank god that you were here." She says. Hades huffs beside me, jealous of the attention I get. Maria chuckles and begins to pad Hades.

" How could I forget you. Thank you too, Hades." She says. Hades barks and jumps around happily. I chuckle but soon here different pairs of footsteps. Once were heavy but not as heavy as the ones from the prisoner. The other pair was lighter than the first but those gave a rhythmical clicking sound. The last one was the lightest. It sounded like this person didn't wear shoes at all. All three stop in front of me and I could feel how Maria stiffened beside me.

"Well hello there, Artemis. It is an honor to meet the person who saved some of my children and especially the Savior of my brother. My name is Joseph." Joseph says. He takes my head in both of his hands and touches my forehead with his. I am a bit confused but let him do whatever he is doing.

The next thing I know is that I get hugged by someone of my height. The smell of roses hits my nose and I somehow could tell that this was a woman in front of me. Suddenly an enchanting voice speaks.

"I'm Faith. It's good to see the one who saved my big brother. I thought we lost him to those sinners." Faith tells me. I carefully put my arms around her small frame and chuckle.

After Faith releases me I can feel that someone takes my hand in his, most likely a man since those definitely weren't the hands of a woman. They were too big. He pulls my hand further away from me and I can feel a pair of lips on my knuckles.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Goddess of the hunt. My name is John but you must already know that. I must say you have an enchanting laughter and beauty. Like a goddess." John says and I try to hold back the blush that creeps onto my face. John must still have noticed it because he chuckles lowly and whispers 'cute' under his breath. Hades must have seen that I was flustered because he stands up and growls lowly at John.

John quickly lets go of my hand and takes a few steps backward. I can hear Joseph and Faith chuckling and I can't stop the one bubbling in my throat. John grumbles something under his breath that even I can't hear. I again can feel a hand grabbing mine and turn my head in the person's direction.

"What do you say? Should we go inside so you can look Jacob over? His fever went down and the coloring went away but just to be safe?" Joseph says from beside me and I nod my head. He lets go of my hand and starts to make his way to the entrance of the Center. I think so at least.

I follow him with Hades a bit in front of me. I can also hear Faith's and John's footsteps behind me. I just know that this will be a long day.

(1256)

Hey my lovely dears. This was chapter 5 and I want to ask how you like my story so far. Is my writing maybe to plain? Anyway I want to show you how I would imagine Artemis to look like...

 Is my writing maybe to plain? Anyway I want to show you how I would imagine Artemis to look like

I imagine her to look like that, just with green eyes 😊