Chapter 7.

Artemis POV.

We walk for a few more minutes till John comes to a stop beside me. On the way, John always told me when something was in front of me. No matter if it was another crack in the floor or if there was a low hanging lamp on the ceiling which I would never have touched thanks to my height. But I was still grateful for his help.

We must have arrived at Jacob's room because I can hear how someone opens a door and then hear the uncomfortably beeping of medical machines. John leads me into the room and the smell of bleach hits my nose. I put my other hand on my nose to block the smell but it doesn't really help.

"Do you want me to open the window?" Joseph asks from somewhere in front of me.

"Yes, please. Since I'm blind, all my other senses are increased. And this room smells like someone bathed in bleach." I say and hear snickering from John. Someone opens the window for me and soon the room smells like wet moss and pine needles. I take a deep breath and look in the direction from where I can hear the beeping.

" John, do you mind letting my arm go? I would like to look your brother over." I ask John softly. He lets me go and I go over to the bed. I hold out my hand to feel where the bed begins and soon find a hand laying on the bed. I take it in mine and feel for his pulse. It is really steady so I know that there isn't any more poison in his blood. I put the hand back and call Hades over to me. I hear his claws on the floor and then feel his teeth on my hand. Like last time he leads my hand to the wound on his chest and I start to take the clothes from it. Soon I feel his skin under my fingertips. The blisters healed perfectly and the bullet hole is also nearly healed. I look over to where the others stood and asked.

"Could one of you please come over here? I need you to describe the wound and the skin around it." The footsteps of Joseph make their way over here and I can feel him stopping beside me.

"Well the skin around the wound is still a bit red but the blisters disappeared. The edge around the bullet hole isn't purple anymore and it looks pretty good if you ask me. It's not the first bullet hole I see." Joseph says. I thank him with a smile and continue to look Jacob over.

After telling them that the poison really disappeared from his blood I tell Hades to get my backpack from the door where I left it when we entered the room. Hades gets it for me and puts it down beside me on the ground. I rummage around a bit till I find a small container with a green paste in it. I open the container and put a bit of the paste around Jacob's wound.

"This is a paste that will speed up the healing process. I did it myself and will leave it here. He should put it on two times a day. Since the poison disappeared from his system the healing factors aren't blocked anymore. As I can tell the wound healed nicely and he will soon recover completely. Give or take a few days." I say softly and turn to the Seed siblings. In the next moment, I can feel two pairs of arms around me and am pushed against the bed. From their heights and smell, I could tell that it was Faith and John who tackled me. I can also feel that Joseph put his hand on my shoulder.

"Thank you very much, Artemis. For saving our older brother. We don't know what we would do without him. He always protected us in our childhood. We were heartbroken when they told us we couldn't do anything but wait and pray that he will heal on his own." Joseph says and I could hear that he softly started to cry. John and Faith too were crying on my shoulder so I started to pad their heads.

" It's alright now. Jacob will soon wake up and will be as good as new. And I don't think he will hold it against you that you couldn't do anything to help him." I softly say.

"Of course I won't. Who do you think I am?" A rough voice says from behind me. I already knew that he was awake since I heard his breathing getting louder. As fast as the two youngest Seed's had their arms around me they were also as fast on their brother's side. Each on both sides of the bed I think. I need to chuckle a bit and soon feel that Joseph's hand disappears too. The Seed family has reunited again.

But I can't help to feel a kind of longing. Longing for something like that. A family. A bittersweet smile comes to my face and I need to hold back the tears that hurt my eyes. I turn and go over to the door as to give them their privacy. Hades too follows me and I search for a place to put down the things I brought with me.

As I wander through the halls of the Veteran Center I enter the kitchen. Or I hope so. It smells like a kitchen at least. I feel for some kind of counter and as I found one I put my backpack on it. I put several small containers, a closed bowl with my special chicken-broth, and a note. After that, I tell Hades to show me to the front door and we soon disappear back into the forest.

John POV.

After seeing that Jacob is alright I turn back around to thank Artemis for helping him again. But I don't see her everywhere.

"Hey do one of you know where Artemis disappeared to?" I ask my siblings. Joseph and Faith too now notice that she isn't in the room with us anymore.

"No I didn't notice. Where did she go?" Faith says.

"She left when you three tried to jump me. Before the door closed I could see that she went right. Who was she anyway? I have never seen her around here." Jacob says and turns to me.

"Do you mind telling him? I will go and look where Artemis went to." I say and leave the room. I search for her everywhere but just can't find her. The last room I didn't check yet was the kitchen. As I enter I could smell a wonderful smell. I look around a find a bowl and a few containers, such as Artemis had with her, on the counter. Besides the small bowl was a note.

Dear whoever that reads

In the bowl is my homemade chicken-broth that will help Jacob a bit with his wound. In the containers are more creme and ointment for when anyone of you would have the same wounds as him. Doctor Simmons should know how to treat this poison now. If Jacob or anyone else or you need my help again just ask Maria. She knows my channel.

Artemis :)

(1232)