Chapter Ten : Farah umair

Hi! Please read the author's note at the end, and enjoy the chapter!

Here’s a short recap after a long delay.

Recap: In Hassan’s POV, he visited Emanuel’s house, and met his elder brother Ez and other band members, along with his twin sisters Alex and Will. He finally became a part of the band, and managed to seek permission from hsi father for singing in the Talent Show. Also, his brother Haris tells him that the whole family was invited for lunch at an old friend’s house. He was also asked by Iris to talk to Jess for providing the material required for the Talent Show.

In Farah’s POV, she signs up for the spot of anchor in the Talent Show, after much persuasion and teasing from Ahmik, and meets a Korean student Eun Mi Jung on her return to the school. She is also angry at her sister Mariam for making her so tired, as a result of which she simply couldn’t concentrate. Aafreen, her best friend, pointed out Iris’ strange behavior to her, and asked her to look out for it in their last meeting at Mama Ayesha’s.

***********

Chapter Ten

Farah Umair

“Don’t you dare talk to me! I don’t wanna see your face!”

“And why is that so?”

“Because I ask you to. You ruined my entire day. I couldn’t get my sleep, and I acted like a grouch all the time.”

“That’s not my fault! I didn’t ask you to gossip with that friend of yours till midnight!”

“I didn’t talk till midnight! I just talked for some time.”

“And that some time means half an hour? Or one hour?”

“Urghhh! I said don’t talk to me. Can’t you just leave me alone for some time?”

I’m not talking to you. You are the one who’s talking to me.”

“Oh no, I am not! JUST LEAVE!”

“THIS IS MY ROOM AS MUCH AS YOURS. So, I am not leaving. You wanna leave, you are welcome to!”

“You are so --,” not getting a good retort, I picked up my pillow and flung it onto her across the room. Mariam, being the brilliant sports-girl she is, caught it deftly with her right hand and placed it next to her.

“Come’on, throw the next one!” she urged me to throw the next one. She was clearly enjoying this.

But I was clearly not. I was furious. But not at her as much as I was at myself. I signed up for being the anchor. I SIGNED UP for the host. How could I do that? How could I do that? And the greater question that is confronting my right now: How will I do this?

I’m, such a scared-y cat, with a heart weaker and smaller than a pigeon’s (that’s what my brother Ali says), so how can I go on a stage and manage a program such big as this? I mean, I’ve gone on the stage before, but all I’m used to do is paper-read. And as far I know, hosts don’t paper-read.

So now I was taking out my rage at my vicious sister. I picked up another pillow and hurled it at her with all the strength I could muster. Which wasn’t too much, I should say. The pillow simply fell to her side, and she smirked.

“You really need to work hard at figuring out your angle. What do they teach you in physics now-a-days? Ever heard of projectile motion?” she mocked at me, flipping her blonde pony tail backwards.