Chapter 4

I hid beneath his arm again when we went past the people and animals in the waiting room as Hawks took us outside.
I heard him sigh when we left the building causing me to look up at him before I noticed that the car we had arrived in was gone along with it's driver.

After muttering a few choice words about a certain detective Hawks crossed the road and walked into the park across the street, placing me on a bench and sitting down before pulling a device from his pocket.

I shuffled closer to him and lay my head on his lap as he tapped on the device, causing him to stop for a second and smile down at me as my viridian eyes met his golden orbs. The moment was quickly broken when the device in Hawks' hand made a noise that caught his attention and he looked at it before quickly putting it away and picking me up, along with my blanket, once again.

He walked out of the park and down the street, my nose and ears going into overdrive at all the new sounds and smells as people passed by, many of them greeting Hawks as we went 'he must have a lot of friends'

We soon reached a building with big sliding doors and as soon as we entered I noticed the smell of food as well as other animals. Hawks walked over to the trolleys and found a flat bed trolley (pretty much just a pallet with wheels) he placed my blanket on it and then carefully put me down on top before venturing further into the shop.

The first thing he picked up were two simple metal food bowls along with a mat to place them on, then we went to the dog bed section and he picked up the softest bed I have ever seen as well as a carrier which I wasn't too fond of.

We had just entered the dog food aisle when a female employee who absolutely reeked of lust and chemicals came up to Hawks, completely ignoring me, and I narrowed my eyes and growled slightly
"Oh Hawks?!" She said in a sickly sweet voice which hurt my ears
"What are doing here, anything I can help with?"

Hawks flashed an award winning smile at the woman before speaking
"I'm just here getting some stuff for Viridian" he gestured to me and I whined quietly, trying to tell him that I didn't like this lady.

Her eyes widened when she looked at me and she took a tiny step back 'why is she working at a pet shop if she doesn't like animals?'
"Is- is that a fox?!" She squeaked causing me to flatten my ears against the auditory assault and I growled more to show my displeasure.

Hawks let out a low chuckle and began to gently pet my head causing me to stop growling as I relaxed into his touch and closed my eyes
"Yes he is, would you like to pet him?"

My eyes immediately snapped open and I started growling again when she inched closer and snapped my teeth when she started to reach her hand out, before she abruptly stood and backed away again
"I'm so sorry Hawks but just remembered that I have to feed the fish, I can call another employee over to assist you if you like-"

"That won't be necessary" Hawks cut her off "but thank you anyway." The woman nodded before briskly walking away. Hawks resumed petting my head and whispered a quiet "thank you." To me which I tilted my head at.

We continued buying food with little issue, Hawks picked up a large bag of high protein dog food as well as some canned food and treats, Hawks picked up a viridian blue collar that matched both my eyes and my name and found a feather shaped tag to go on it.

When we got to the toy aisle, Hawks moved the trolley next to the toys so that I could pick out my own, my eyes were immediately drawn to a toy with familiar dirty blonde hair and red wings which I immediately grabbed and refused to put down causing a laugh from Hawks.

"I'm not sure if I should be flattered or scared." I just looked at him and snorted in response
"Did you just laugh at me?" I let out a muffled bark and Hawks just smiled as we continued through the store, he picked up a rope toy as well as a tunnel for cats before heading to the checkout.

While the items were being scanned and bought I stared intently at the rabbits which were visible from my spot on the trolley, I began to whine with my ears pinned back as I looked at them. Hawks was about to scold me for scaring the rabbits until he saw that they had all moved against the glass and were staring right back at me, some even scratching at the glass.

My focus was broken when the cashier appeared from the other side of the counter to see me and all of the rabbits went back about their business, but I didn't particularly care since the kind lady gave me a free treat which I enjoyed thoroughly.

When we left the store there was a car with a driver waiting outside, Hawks quickly unpacked our items into the boot, with the cashier helping him, while I tried to get a good look at the driver. They're male, I think, with  iridescent navy hair tied back in a messy bun with an undercut, grey skin and pointed ears, they had very sharp features which contrasted with the lavender colour of their eyes. He was taller than Hawks as well as being quite thin, but even so they had an air of elegance surrounding them, which made me wonder if they were even human.

I was lifted by Hawks, who grabbed my blanket before getting into the passenger seat of the car, with the driver gasping dramatically the second he was buckled in
"Hawks, what happened to you? Why are you so tiny?!" They exclaimed, talking to the stuffed toy that I still held in my mouth.

Hawks exhaled through his nose slightly before speaking "very funny Pyx can we get going now?"

'Pyx' placed a hand over his heart in mock offence before continuing "first of all, I'm hilarious, second of all you haven't told me where we're going and third" he paused for dramatic effect "you haven't even introduced me to this little prince here." He said and cupped my face in his hands before booping my nose.

Hawks sighed and rolled his eyes dramatically "I'm going home, his name is Viridian and how did you even know he was a boy?" Pyx opened his mouth to speak but closed it when Hawks held up a finger "and if you say anything about bloody auras I'll defenstrate you."

The two stared at each other, having a silent argument until Pyx started the car's engine "so your place yeah?"

"Please."