4+1 things | jachary

jachary

warnings;
- none, i don't think

they're not together in this fic tho [at least at the start. do they get together ;)]

1

when zach approaches him, it takes jack all of a few seconds to figure out what he's up to.

daniel is filming them on zach's phone and at first jack is confused, but then zach stands in front of him and tells him to hold his arm out in front of himself and curve his hand inwards. that's when it hits him. it's some tiktok trend, and he's seen a fan do it with zach.

he decides to roll with it, though. it's cute and zach probably just wants a hug so what's the harm? jack wouldn't mind a hug either - it's been a long day - so he holds out one arm when zach tells him to, then does the same with the other and connects his hands slightly.

zach grins and ducks down, popping back up between jack's arms. but where jack expects zach to wrap his arms around him and hug him, what he gets instead is zach pressing a quick yet impossibly gentle kiss to his lips.

it happens so fast that by the time jack has registered what just happened, zach has already ducked back out of his arms and grabbed his phone from daniel, and is now giggling and walking away.

needless to say, both jack and daniel have been rendered speechless.

2

it's 6am and jack is not awake.

they have meetings and interviews all day and he knows he probably should have went to bed earlier but it's a bit late for that now, isn't it? he lazily heads downstairs, only half-awake and wishing more than anything that he could just go back to bed. he finds corbyn sat on the sofa, staring at his phone. jonah is in the kitchen with a freshly brewed pot of coffee and jack decides fuck it, he needs to wake up so he pours himself a mug.

jonah is half asleep at the island so jack leaves the kitchen and starts walking back over to corbyn. he's barely a few feet from sitting on the sofa when zach appears out of nowhere, jumping in front of him and stopping jack in his tracks. he's a bundle of energy and jack already isn't awake enough for this.

the youngest is grinning like a crazy person and he holds his hand up, palm flat. "up high!"

jack blinks and yawns. but he'll humour him. he moves his mug to one hand and moves his other to high-five zach.

but then zach says, "too slow!" and he moves his raised hand to jack's cheek, pulls him closer, and kisses him.

again, it only lasts a second but it's soft, just like before. and then zach is walking away like nothing happened and jack is left with his mouth hanging slightly open.

corbyn stares at him. "what the actual fuck."

3

zach is clumsy.

looking back on it, jack really should have seen it coming. he swears he's usually more observant than this. he doesn't usually fall for shit this easily.

he's sat in the sitting room with jonah, scrolling through his phone, when he hears a set of loud thumps and someone cries out in pain. jack knows that's zach immediately and he jumps up, phone forgotten on the sofa, and rushes towards the noise.

he finds zach crumpled at the bottom of the stairs and jack kneels down in front of him. the youngest is curled around himself, his head bowed.

"are you alright?" jack demands because zach just fell down the fucking stairs.