chapter four

He held my heart and let it go

★゜・。。・゜゜・。。・゜☆゜・。。・゜゜・。。・゜★

chapter four

a home is where the heart is

you told me about your past thinking your future was me. taylor swift

"Hey," Peter called out to his aunt as he led Meredith into his house. It was prettier than hers, more lived in. His Aunt May was in the kitchen, cooking. "This is Meredith Jones, our neighbor. Can she stay for dinner?"

Meredith let out an awkward wave at the woman who smiled. May was fond of the girl, even after how little she knew about her. Most of the kids nowadays didn't have time for the adults, their bustling lives keeping them busy but Meredith was a sweetheart. Whenever she saw May, she would wave and smile, as if they were old friends rather than neighbors that occasionally saw each other.

"Oh hello darling, I am glad Peter finally brought in a friend," She smiled as Peter rummaged through the fridge, bringing out a frozen packet of peas to keep over his black eye and yet another chocolate for the pink-haired girl. "Of course, she can stay for dinner."

"Thank you, May," she grinned, "I hope my dad didn't offer you some of his home-cooked monstrosities again."

"He offered," the woman laughed, "And for some reason, Ben loved it. I think he might even ask your dad for the recipe later."

Meredith laughed, though a bit surprised. Ben was surely strong if he could stomach down that down. "I think my dad would be over the moon if he heard that."

"I'm making spaghetti and meatballs tonight," May told them and Peter made a face at Meredith like 'I told you'. To his aunt he said, "You're serious? Spaghetti and meatballs."

May rolled her eyes, "Since when don't you like spaghetti and meatballs, huh?" Just as Peter made his way to sit near the sink, she finally saw his face. "Oh, my God."

Peter didn't understand why she said that so he asked, "What's up?"

"What happened to your face?"

Meredith wanted to laugh at the expression on his face. He looked nervous, as if caught doing some bad deed. If one thing was clear, it was the fact that Peter was somewhat scared of his aunt.

"I'm all right. Just... I fell, skating." He looked at Meredith for help but she shrugged, laughing at him.

"It's all right," he promised his aunt.