8 Years Later

SONDRA
Kade has been speaking to me more & buying stuff for me. I thought it was kind of sweet. For his birthday I made him a quilt & Amun made a birthday cake in return for his kindness.
I noticed Master Bishop & Kade were starting to become separated. Mua'ah says it's because of a girl. So, Master Bishop & Kade both like a girl? I've asked Kade, but he says not to worry about it.
Today I was working with Amun. When I walked inside the dining room I saw Master Kade and Bishop arguing about something. I was about to go inside, but Amun blocked my view.
"I'm sorry Sondra, but you have to work with Mua'ah today." Amun said & I walked away. But I turned around when I heard a door slam.
I saw Kade storming down the hallway. He was headed toward his room. I walked down the hallway & went into his room. He was on his bed & he had a pillow on his face.
"You okay, Kade?" I asked him. He took his pillow off his face. His face was red.
"Yeah. I'm alright." He replied.
"What was that about?"
"Nothin'. Just . . . Nothin'."
"How come you can't tell me?" He sat up.
"Because you probably won't feel the same way."
"Well, it's better than not knowing." He leaned in & kissed me.

KADE

I did something that I wanted to do for years. It was perfect . . . Until my brother came in. I slid away from her & she slid away from me.
"Kade I thought I told you to stay away from her." Bishop said.
"But I don't want to. And technically you can't tell me what to do." I replied.
"Well then you can get your own place."
"Fine. I will get my own place & I'm taking Sondra with me."
"Not unless I sell her." I had enough of him.
"Sondra why don't you go see if Mua'ah needs any help in the kitchen." I told her.
"But . . ." I gave her a begging look. "Okay." she got up & left.
"You have to see it my way little brother. You & her together ain't right." Bishop said.
"You know what big brother. I'm tired of you saying Sondra & me don't go together." I went in my closet & grabbed an old shoe box. I opened it & showed him the money I saved over the years. His eyes grew big.
"This is enough money to get a house & Sondra's freedom. And I'll still have money left over for Mua'ah & Amun's freedom. "
I walked out of my room with my brother still gawking at me.