Chapter One

"Y/N"

You turned to your left at the call of your name. You had been caught in a daydream, as per usual.

"Y/N, the second we exit this car you are to be on your best behavior. Understand?" explained Khan.

You nodded and smiled.

"And remember, if you don't follow exactly what I told you then you will not be allowed to come to another one of these parties again" he lectured.

"Khan. Just relax, okay? Trust me" you smiled.

Khan looked at you suspiciously.

"Remind me of our ground rules, Y/N" he requested.

You took a deep breath, recollecting everything Khan had told you before you left the house.

"No drinking, no telling strangers information about me, no leaving your sight, no attitude, no using nen" you said quickly.

Khan smiled at you and nodded.

"Now that the lecturing is over with, I must say that I'm very excited for tonight Y/N. I haven't introduced you to any of my old friends from the Hunter's Association yet and they have been dying to meet you" said Khan, squeezing your hand.

"Me too, Khan. I've always wanted to go to one of the chairman's parties" you said, your eyes lighting up. "Thank you for finally letting me come"

"Of course, Y/N. You're 18 now. It's time for you to start experiencing the world" Khan stated

"Excuse me, Master Khan, but we have arrived" said your driver, pulling into a long gated driveway.

"Thank you, Lee" smiled Khan, slightly bowing his head in gratitude.

Khan was one of the kindest men you had ever met. Even with his immense power and social standing, he still treated everyone as equals. He did not have one selfish or vain bone in his body.

The car pulled up towards the front entrance of a massive old manor. Your eyes widened at the beauty of this home.

You were used to the modern high rises of the city, but a house this elegant and architecturally magnificent was shocking.

You peered out the car window and saw crowds of people swarming into the front doors. People were laughing, screaming, hugging eachother.

The car came to a stop. Your driver got out of his seat, and walked around the car to open up the door for you and Khan.

As soon as Khan stepped out of the car, half of the crowd around the entrance glued their eyes to him.

He brushed of his suit, uncomfortable at all the attention he was receiving.

Khan extended his hand to help you out of the car. You placed your palm in his calloused hand and stood up.

The moment you emerged from the car, even the people who were previously distracted looked at you both.

You smoothed out a kink in your purple gown. Your dress had a scooped neckline that showed off just the right amount of cleavage. The dress hugged your curves, and had a slit that began halfway up your thigh. The bottom of your dress brushed the floor, covering your nude heels.

Your eyes glanced around awkwardly knowing that everyone was staring. You heard tons of whispers, barely deciphering the conversations between guests.

"Khan is here?"

"Khan hasn't been seen since last year's Chairman Party"

"Who's the girl?"