Izzy's Origin (AU) Part 3

~~A week later, at Coral Castle~~

"Izz, I'm sorry but I need to go meet Princess Winger and Misty the Wonderful Witch." The Pirate Princess told her sister.

"Why would you be sorry?" Izzy asked.

"Because I need to go there."

"I can handle myself! I've barely been having a pain attack every two days, thanks to Misty's medicine!"

"But if you do have a pain attack, what will you do?"

"I don't know." Izzy shrugged.

"I will need to ask someone to take care of you." The Pirate Princess said.

"Great! A babysitter!" Izzy rolled her eyes. "I'll probably run away by the time the person comes."

"By the colors of the rainbow, Izzy. You will not run away."

"What makes you think that I won't?"

"Please Izzy? It will make me feel better," The Pirate Princess said.

"Fine, but ask Jake, Cubby or Skully to come." Izzy conceded, "But only one person."

"Fine," The Pirate Princess sighed, "I'll ask one person, though it would be easier with the whole crew."

"You think I'm gonna make it easy for them?!" Izzy asked in mock offence, "I am more sophisticated than that!"

"Oh, Gods of the Sea!" The Pirate Princess swore, "Izzy, please make it easy for them."

"Nope. GO CALL THEM!"

-----

"Hey look, Cecilia! With a note!" Skully spotted, "It's probably about Izzy!"

"Way-hey! Let's go check it out!" Jake exclaimed.

After a while:

"It says one of us can visit Izzy in order to... take care of her?!" Jake exclaimed, "She's not gonna make this easy for us."

"That's for sure, so I volunteer Captain Jake!" Skully squawked.

"Me too!" Cubby said.

"Oh, look, it's unanimous! Captain Jake will go to take care of Izzy!"

Jake sighed. This was gonna be one long day.

-----

"Okay Captain Jake. I need to tell you what to do if she has a pain attack." The Pirate Princess said.

"Aye-aye!" Jake agreed.

"So, she is wearing a backless dress to make it easier for you. You need to touch a tattoo in between her shoulder-blades." The Pirate Princess instructed.

Jake turned bright red, "I have to what now?!"

"Touch a tattoo in between her shoulder-blades. I know you like my sister, so don't try anything." The Pirate Princess teased.

"I-uh-what?!" Jake sputtered.

"Also, if anything happens to her while she's under your care, you. Will. Pay." The Pirate Princess threatened.

Wow, mood swings.

"Uh, Aye-aye?"

-----

"Yo Ho, Captain!" Izzy greeted.

"Yo Ho, Izzy!" Jake said.

"You do know that I will not make this easy for you, right. However, maybe if it were Cubby or Skully..."

Jake mock-glared.

"Seriously?"

Izzy laughed.

------

"You want to ask me something, don't you, Captain?" Izzy asked Jake.

Jake nodded, "Yeah, uh, you won't feel uncomfortable?"

"Nope," Izzy replied, "You're here taking care of me, it's the least I can do!"

"Uh, why did the Pirate Princess call you "unstable." I mean, you said that you were dangerous, but I'm sure it can't be that bad, right?"

Izzy smiled sadly, "It is. Have you heard of a pirate who died at the hands of his daughter?"

"Yes, why?"

"That man was my father. He got angry at me after my sister was put under the curse. I got hurt, and this power surged through my arm, and before I knew it, he was dead."

Jake's eyes widened slightly, "What?"

"Yeah, that's why I left. Once I felt the stinging on my back, I knew you all would be in danger. I didn't want you guys to come here either."

"You could have told us, Izz! We could've helped you!"

"You couldn't have. There is no way to fix this, not that I know of, at least."

"What about Peter? He could know one!"

"I thought about that too," Izzy admitted, "I was going to write a letter to him, but Captain Hook thought that the letter was a treasure map," She laughed, "He read it and looked a bit scared. That made me think... and I decided not to tell anyone."

"So Hook knows?"

"Yes, but I didn't want him to. I'm surprised he even talks to me anymore. He always runs the risk of getting me angry."

Jake smiled, "Of course he does! He's Hook!"

Izzy giggled, and Jake smiled more.