MaiYok - Why Didn't He Catch My Falling Star?

MaiYok Short Stories - How I Mee Your Daddy Pt. I (Spin Off)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Two days.

It's two days after what happened at the carnival and Yok doesn't know how he exactly feels right now. When they got home that night, all Yok did was crying until he fell asleep. But the next day (yesterday)? He acted like nothing happened. It also makes Yorla's sad because Yok shut himself out and spent his day on his room and doing nothing. He only came downstair to eat because he didn't want to make his dad mad.

But it was different for Yorla. Since yesterday until today he got into another fight with their dad. Their dad is so mad because he feels like Yorla influences Yok to do something bad. Bad as doing the girly things, doesn't listen to their parents, etc. And ofcourse, Yorla argued. The only thing that is bad in this house is their dad's behaviour towards them.

Yok actually really want to help Yorla and calm him down but he knows he only makes things worse if he get involves. They know how their dad views Yorla as the bad influences and the naughty ones. If he see Yok defends Yorla, their dad will do something more horrible to Yorla. And he doesn't want that. So that's why he keeps silent a bout it. It also because... he isn't in the stable state right now. His mind is such a mess and also his heart.

*PLAAK*

Yok hears a sound that sounds like a slap from downstairs. Yok stand up from his bed becasue he wants to run downstairs to see what happened but before he even moves from his bed, he hears their dad screams.

"IF YOU CAN'T OBEY MY RULES, THEN GO OUT!! DON'T COME HERE AGAIN!!"

Yok literally frozes. His breath become heavier and pray to anyone above that nothing's bad gonna happen to Yorla.

"IF IT'S NOT FOR YOK OR MA, I'LL NEVER COME HERE!"

and then there's a sound of glass breaking..

"YORLA, COME BACK HERE! I'M NOT FINISH YET!"

Not a minute later, Yok hears the sound of someone's running to the upstairs and it probably Yorla. Yok hurriedly runs to open his bedroom door and he sees Yorla standing there.

"Yorla?"

"Go inside, don't let dad see you" says him as he pushes Yok inside.

Yorla shuts the door and locks it. He then drags Yok to the bed and sit on the bed.

"What happened?"

"Nothing, just dad being dad"

Yok looks at Yorla, concern, "Did he hurt you?"

"No, he just throw a glass to the wall. Fortunately it didn't hit me" Yorla says, rolling his eyes.

"I'm glad.. but you need to stop argue with him though. Just let him be"

"How could I do that? I'll never let him talk like that to me or you"

"Yorla.."

"Shush! I don't want to hear them, let's just talk about something else.."

Yok averted his eyes from Yorla. He hopes Yorla won't talk about what happened the other day. But he knows, Yorla will.. he just doesn't know when.

He's glad that Yorla doesn't ask him, instead he said:

"Let's just watch the TV.. I don't want to talk about anything anymore. I'm kinda tired because all the scream I did with dad"

"Then stop-"