Chapter Eighteen

»»———— INTERFERENCE ————««

After they made it up to the castle, Val parted ways with the others and headed to the Slytherin Common Room. She spoke the password and stepped in, taking a look around a smile found it's way onto her face. The familiar scents and green hues invaded her senses, and she loved it. She felt at home once more. But, her moment of taking it all back in ended quickly when she was tackled into a hug. "Valencia Snape, I've missed you so much!"

"I missed you, too, Lolita Serpen!" She exclaimed, and they shook each other as they hugged excitedly.

"Welcome back, Snape." Blaise smiled at her. She gave him a hug, too, to which he was a little shocked but gladly returned it. He had missed her, they all had. He was worried they got off on a bit of the wrong foot, but he was hoping to fix that this year. He was just a little foolish last year. Things were a lot more serious now.

"Yeah, it's good to see you, Val!"  Crabbe and Goyle approached her.

"How was your summer?" Theodore asked her. She smiled and hugged him, also.

"Wonderful, and I hope all of you had a nice one, too." She glanced amongst them. Marcus was standing with them, but he hadn't said anything. His mouth was full to the point where he couldn't if he wanted to. They glanced back to see the Head Boy and Head Girl, Andrew MacNair and Violet Prewett respectively, approaching them.

"Malfoy, there you are." Andrew said, grabbing him as he came in. He just wanted to go straight to his dormitory and not talk to any of them. At least, he couldn't look at Val again. It hurt him too much. But, it looked like he was going to have to this time. "Malfoy, Snape, Mulberry, and Loriss are the Prefects for Slytherin this year."

"Me?" Val asked, and he nodded.

"Yes, of course, you!" Violet nudged her. "You have outstanding grades, never get into trouble. You're a perfect fit to be a Prefect."

"Anyways, here are your badges to wear on your robes at all times, and... Congratulations!" Andrew smiled at them, handing them their badges. They took them and held them in their hands for a moment, avoiding each other's gaze.

"We'll see you all at the beginning of the year feast. Have a nice first day back." Violet paused. "Oh, and get ready for tonight!"

"I almost forgot about the beginning of the year party." Marcus muttered.

"Don't you think it feels a bit wrong?" Loltia asked them, and Draco found himself continuing to stand there and listen to them, despite not being obligated to. It was a habit. He was so used to just standing there and being with them. He was so used to being with Val, and he was used to his feelings for her. So, it almost felt natural and comforting to be standing next to her right now.

"Why do you say that?" Theodore rubbed her thumb with his own. They are adorable.

"I don't know, with everything that's going on." She sighed, looking down at the ground. "Cedric should be there."