𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞

AFTER THE WEEKEND
3RD PERSON POV
"Hey kiddo! How was school? Learn anything?" Happy quizzed in a dumbfound voice, trying ever so slightly to sound Interested.

"Learned about dragons" Riley responded in the same uninterested-in-this-conversation voice as happy, gladly he felt the same way.

"Your class learned about dragons?" Happy questioned in a confused manner as he wondered what possible category that would come under for learning.

"I leaned about dragons, I don't know what everyone else was doing" Riley responded as she played with her thumbs.

A awkward silence approached the two drastically after happy's chuckle-no snort at the response.

"Hi" Harley mumbled as he swung open the door and the cold breeze smacked Riley like a truck.

"Close the fucking door" Riley growled as she gave a side glance at her brother, internally figuring out how she's going to kill him.

"Oh shut up" Harley groaned as he aggressively entered the vehicle as happy took off, not wanting to be in the awkward atmosphere a moment longer than he had to.

As the starks and hogan arrived to the destination, the familiar sound of grumbling on the wheel as it hit the bark brought Riley back to her senses, gathering her stuff ready to exit.

"Hey my baby's, how was school?" Pepper cheered as she was watering they're vegetable patch filled with freshly grown fruits and vegetables of all variety's.

"It was fine, mom. Where is dad? I need him to help me build my science project." Harley responded as he pulled out his papers that his mother beckoned for with a hand.

"He's out of town daring, we talked about this last night." Pepper responded like a broke record as she gave a sympathetic look towards towards her son.

"Oh uh okay, can you help me?" Harley asked in a low tone as he shoved the paper back into his bag.

"Sure hon, Riley baby? Will you pick some tomato for spaghetti sauce tonight, happy? Will you be joining us?" Pepper questions in a happy tone as she glanced at the awkward standing hogan.

"I would love to but uh- I have a date." Happy stuttered with a crooked smile, shifting his position against the dry bark floor.

"A date huh? What's they're lucky name?" Pepper quizzed, averting her eyes away from her daughter for a secound.

"That's classified" happy quoted in a serious tone, him and pepper both knowing it's not actually serious, just a way from him to be done with the conversation.

"Well alright then, I'll just have Tony tell me about it when he arrives back, Riley can you pick the extra red ones please? Two should be fine" pepper said as she beamed down at her daughter who done a curt nod as she dumps her bags on the soil, earning a scroll from her mother.

As the mother-son duo walked along the path, Harley began to question in his mind.

"Mom?" Harley mumbled as he looked up to his mother, the beaming sun nearly blinding him in the process.

"Yes sweets?" Replied as pepper opened the protective door and then the main door, ushering her son in as she placed down the freshly grown vegetables.