Nine: I love you

The match wasn't going well and Oliver felt like he was going to get sick. He was soaking wet and he couldn't even see clear. Maybe after all Harry was the luckiest one. After Emily's spell he was ready to get back to the field and he was probably the one with the best vision. Oliver saw a red spot coming close to a ring and flew faster than ever. Thankfully he caught the Quaffle passing it to Angelina. His mind returned to Emily. Why would she help his team? After everything he did to her, she helped him. He felt horrible. 

Emily sat at the stands next to Blair who was looking at her with the weirdest expression. "The hell was that?" Blair asked her making her roll her eyes.

"I had to do something" she said leaving her best friend cursing her under her breath. Through the rain it was hard to even spot Oliver. All the players were huge red spots flying through the air. Emily searched for him. Brian suddenly appeared out of nowhere, the paint from the drawings on his face running down his cheeks. 

"I hate the rain. You can't even show your support with that weather" he said and Blair let out a laugh.

"Oh sit down you drama Queen"

"So, what did I miss" Brian asks and Blair turned to Emily, giving her a raised eyebrow. 

"Emily over here ran down to the pitch and decided to help Wood's team" Blair said. Brian let out a giant gasp like he was suddenly offended.

"Really, Em? Do you hate us or something" he said making her groan.

"Since when do you care about sports Brian" she shot at him, making him put a hand over his hand.

"Oh dear Emily, I've always cared about sports"

"Always meaning since hot boys started playing" Blair commented.

"Okay fine kill me. I helped Oliver's team. Whatever." she said laying back, feeling the rain hitting her forehead.

"Em," she heard Lilian's voice and suddenly she wanted to burst, "why are you doing this to yourself?"

"Why am I doing what to myself?" she asked not turning to look at the girl.

"You're hurting yourself" she said. "You make it harder for yourself to let go"

"Since when do you care about what I'm doing to myself Lilian?" 

"Excuse me?" Lilian said, being taken back by her question.

"Oh never mind, just go snog my boyfriend, will you?" Lilian's eyes went wide. So did Blair and Brian's. Emily just stood up and started leaving.

"Emily wait!" Lilian said.

"Where are you going?" asked Blair.

"Away from here" Emily answered and ran out of the stands.

Her friends weren't the only ones to notice that though. Oliver did too. He frowned. But before he knew it Harry was falling off his broom. And before he knew it Cedric Diggory had caught the snitch. And before he knew it, he lost the match.

---------------------------------------------------------

The match ended. Some Gryffindors thought it was cheating. Cedric even tried to ask for a rematch but Oliver was fair. He declined. They had won fair.

Cheating? Not Cheating? It didn't matter. For Oliver it was just failure. Pure failure. 

The team left to check on Harry. But he couldn't making himself stand up from the bench in the locker rooms. He pushed his head back to the wall. Thoughts roaming his mind. How much of an idiot he was, how much of an idiot he is, how much of an idiot he will be. 

The boy stepped into the shower letting water fall on his head, cold water. Not that he could feel it. Nothing could feel colder than the defeat he just went through. 

Failure, the only word in his mind. Failed to train his team, failed to give them a reason, failed to win the match.

Failed to keep her.

Failing, all he ever did. At everything. And it was one of the things that hurt him the most. Failing. Failing at something he shouldn't have. At something he needed. At something her loved.

Failed to keep her.

Ironic how he was a keeper. Should've thought that better, he thought.

Truth was he had never felt this way. Never needed someone more in his life. Never needed someone more than winning, more than Quidditch. The sport was usually all he set his mind to and as he said "no distractions". Well, he failed to that too.

Failed to keep her.

The only thing he wanted. The only thing he needed. The only thing he loved. Her.

He loved her. He truly did. But he was so new to that feeling that he couldn't even describe it. He needed her in his life, but he failed. He failed.

Oliver let out a groan, punching the shower wall as hard as he could. Blood dripped down his hands. And he let out a cry. A cry for help. No. More like a cry for love. He had lost everything. And everything wasn't Quidditch, it wasn't the match. It was her.

He felt the stinging pain from the wounds on his knuckles. Sometimes he couldn't control his own strength. One of his many faults. At least the ones he could acknowledge. 

The pain was getting bigger and stronger. I deserve it, he thought, I deserve it.

"I love you, you know?" she had smiled.

"You love me?" he had smirked

"I love you" she had smiled

"You love me?" he asked, looking at the ceiling, a tear escaping his eye.

---------------------------------------------------------

"Emily, hey" 

"Hey Ced. Congrats on the win" she told the tall boy as he let out a smile of satisfaction. 

"I can't wait to play against you" he smirked, making her punch his shoulder lightly.

"And why's that?" she smiled.

"I can't wait to see you lose" he said smirking.

"I wouldn't be so sure about that Diggory" Emily said crossing her arms. Cedric's expression suddenly changed from confident to caring.

"Was that too much?" he asked, making the girl laugh.

"No Ced, you might actually get competitive some day" she chuckled and the boy ran his hand through his hair awkwardly. "Anyway I really have to go, so I'll see you later"

"Okay, bye Em."

"Bye Diggory"

She ran up the stairs to the astronomy tower, still trying to stop the tears from running down her cheeks. The less people that saw her crying the better. Thank Merlin Cedric understood nothing. She found herself at the top of the tower and the moment she realized no one was there she broke down. She sat down, not even bothering to stare at the view anymore. It had grown old. It had grown painful. Sudden pain, but not that sudden, found her. A tear running down her cheek. 

"I love you" she whispered, regret being the only thing inside of her.

---------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I'M SO SO SO SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE! I'm really sorry. I'll try as hard as I can to upload more. Also thanks for all of your support to my story and let me know if you want to see more of my writing. (yeah I have a lot of other stuff I haven't posted here yet) AGAIN I'M SO SORRY