14

The night of their second date, Sykkuno is super nervous; reasonably so. He had gone out of his way to plan everything and he wanted everything to be just as special - if not more - as their first date. It was the most perfect date that he had gone on and he just wanted Corpse to replicate the feelings.

Sykkuno was lucky that this was in the middle of January and that it was still snowing, because then it was an obligation to wear a coat and dress warmly, so it did not give away much about the date.

When he picks up Corpse at his apartment, he's still nervous but most of it dissipates at the sight of his boyfriend wrapped in a big coat and a scarf around his neck. It melts away even more when he leans over the console to give him a long kiss, as if they hadn't just gone to college together in the morning.

He isn't wearing any gloves though, refusing to wear them since he'd have to take off his rings. He rubs his hands together and Sykkuno turns up the heat while giving him a fond eye roll.

"So, where are we going?" Corpse asks, settling into the passenger seat now that he's warmed up.

Sykkuno only purses his lips and focuses on the road. Corpse gets the hint that he's not going to be told what the date is. Sykkuno is almost sure that he must be mad that he's stealing his thing. But when he turns his head to look at Corpse, he's looking out the window with a small smile on his face.

"No fucking way!" Corpse shrieks when they arrive at their date venue.

For a moment Sykkuno can't figure out for the life of him if Corpse even likes it or hates it, but when he jumps out of the car and almost starts running in, leaving Sykkuno behind, he realises that maybe it was a good decision he made to bring him to the skating rink.

"Corpse, wait for me!" He says while laughs bubble out of him.

When he has parked his car and given the keys at the counter, they both go towards the other counter which provides them with ice skating shoes. Corpse is practically giddy and jumping around full of adrenaline. Sykkuno is so relieved he likes it.

But the trouble comes when they both enter the skating rink.

"I don't know how to skate." Corpse says.

"Wh- what?"

"Hey! Don't judge!"

"Then why were you so excited to come here?" He can't help but laugh.

"I don't know. It looks cool!" Corpse whines.

"I'll teach you, come on." Sykkuno says, giving him his hand to hold on too.

But the fact was, Sykkuno wasn't very good at this either.

"Uh, okay, we just slowly slide, I suppose." He says while holding onto the railing at the side of the rink.

They both proceed to carefully slide their feet backwards in a walking motion, hoping for the best. They're doing pretty good for beginners, when Sykkuno decides to let go of the railing. His feet start slipping and before he can grab onto the railing again, he's crashing onto the ground. His bum makes harsh contact with the hard ice and not even two seconds later, Corpse is tumbling down with him.

While Sykkuno lets out a quite, "oof", Corpse outright cackles.

"You don't know how to skate, too, do you?" Corpse asks in midst of his laughing.

"No." Sykkuno mumbles, cheeks red with either embarrassment or the cold.

Corpse just laughs louder, not even making an effort to get off the ice. Sykkuno huffs and tries to get back up on his sharp ice skates.

"You're diabolical." He mumbles.

"I know, baby." Corpse smirks.

Sykkuno's cheeks are red because of the cold. Nothing else. Absolutely not.

After multiple attempts at at least properly staying stood up, they start to skate like normal people, not inviting any more strange looks from the people around them. They've formed their own little bubble, dancing and singing as carefully as they can, only falling down a couple times. They kiss on more than one occasion, Corpse stealing as many as he can. It's a perfect night.

When they decide to leave, they leave with reddest cheeks, warm hearts, hurting ankles and frozen butts. Sykkuno has more plans though. They walk to the frozen yogurt shop nearby and order themselves a whole lot of yoghurt. Sykkuno opts for a simple chocolate flavoured one with lots of chocolate chips while Corpse dumps every possible sprinkles option onto his. He's smiling so wide when he's satisfied with all the sweetness, that Sykkuno has to lean up to kiss his cheek.

"So, what's after this?"

"We go home and snuggle up and watch Breaking Bad." Sykkuno answers as he throws his cup into the trash can, Corpse following after.

Corpse's heart skips a beat at the fact that he called his apartment home. He doesn't mention it though, not wanting to make Sykkuno uncomfortable.

"It's fucking cold out here." He says while rubbing his hands together again.

"Well, I told you to wear gloves." Sykkuno shrugs.

"Sykkuno, stop being mean and give me your gloves." He pouts.

"That's preposterous!"

"Sykkuno!" Corpse whines.

"Fine, I'll give you one." He says while removing his right glove with a sigh and handing it over.

Corpse instantly grabs the glove and pulls it over his right hand, sighing in relief.

"What about my left hand?"

"What? I'm not giving you my other glo-"

Corpse shuts Sykkuno up by grabbing his gloveless hand with his own. His cheeks redden further and intakes a heavy breath.

"This good?" Corpse asks cheekily.

He looks so smug that Sykkuno wants to defeat him and make him a blubbering mess too. So he brings their hands up, places a small kiss on the back of his hand, making Corpse's smile drop and cheeks redden further. It's Sykkuno's turn to be smug now.

"So good." He replies.

The only time they leave each other's hands that night is to get in the car.

awww

not me cooing on my own chapter lmao

if any of you guys write any corpsekkuno fanfics and would want me to check them out, then just leave a comment here and I'll do it! if you don't, just leave me some recommendations lol

hope you liked it :)

comments and votes are really appreciated :)

whole lotta love xx r