12

I did a double update. so if you haven't read the last chapter, do that first lol

The better things don't turn out to be so much better.

Sykkuno and Corpse enjoy their bucket load of food and Corpse is so glad that he booked the whole place because Sykkuno is being so free and giddy and eating whatever he wants without any fear of getting judgemental looks from people.

They learn a lot about each other just like they do every single time they're together. Sykkuno learns that Corpse had a great English teacher who supported him when he was still figuring out his sexuality, that he likes the orange flavour but absolutely hates oranges, that he can speak a few sentences in a lot of languages and he's currently trying to learn French, and that he loves to listen to and make music. Sykkuno begged him to let him hear some of his songs.

Corpse in return learned a lot about how Sykkuno always has to have a night light in his room or he just can't sleep, that he has always wanted a white fluffy dog, that he was never the popular kid when he was in high school and he only had Rae and Toast with him at all times, that he loves to sing himself but doesn't think he has a good voice, and that he was kicked out of a summer camp for bringing pot brownies but he didn't even know what that meant, and that he once saw a cloud that looked like a penguin.

The night is going very smoothly but as soon as they're done eating, suddenly the lights go off and they're surrounded with darkness again. Corpse lets out a shriek and Sykkuno just laughs while he tries to reach for Corpse across the table.

"I'll go get that checked out." Corpse says and walks away from Sykkuno.

"Can I come with?"

"Sure, yeah."

They both walk downstairs and Corpse starts checking if the fuse went off. He comes back with empty hands though, the darkness still engulfing them. He tries calling Dream but he doesn't pick up, probably already asleep after a long day according to Corpse.

"Fuck, this is not happening."

"Hey, that's okay. We can just go home, yeah?"

"But the date wasn't over." Corpse mumbles into his palms that cover his face.

"There was more? Corpse, it was already so perfect." He tries.

"But we were supposed to dance but the speaker won't turn on cause the electricity is gone and– and we were gonna eat ice cream– fuck, the ice cream." He yells and jumps towards the mini fridge behind the counter that Sykkuno hadn't noticed.

He pulls out the tray that had their ice cream to see that it's already melted. Corpse lets out a defeated sigh and slumps into a chair nearby.

"I'm sorry, I ruined our date."

"You didn't, it was perfect."

"Just– it's fine, you don't have to. I'll just grab the dishes from upstairs and we'll go home." He shakes his head and walks away.

But Sykkuno has other plans. He looks around himself. The tables were pushed apart so that they'd have space to dance, the thought warms his heart so much. There are scented candles which are placed on the windows of the café and he makes a decision to grab those and lights them up quickly with the matches that he thankfully finds behind the counter.

By the time Corpse comes down with the dishes, the place looks dimly lit but enough to make it seem romantic. Sykkuno is standing in the middle of the place looking nervous as hell.