Chapter 9

As soon as the door opened all the way, we were met with a beautiful brunette woman. She had these big bold blue and green eyes. Her eyes looked awfully familiar but I couldn't quite put my finger on where from so I just dropped it. She had to be at least forty or so but she truly looked maybe in her late twenties.

"Oh my goodness hello, please, come in." she said with so much energy. She seemed like a very cheerful person. We walked into her house and she closed the door behind us.

"Kids come down, they're here." she yelled up the stairs. The house was just as beautiful inside as it was outside. These people had money, I know that for sure.

"Hi, you must be Brook." she stretched out her hand towards my mom. Mom took her hand willingly with a smile.

"Jace is constantly talking about you and Tate all over the office, none stop." I looked over at mom and saw that her face had gone completely red. She looked up at dad and dad looked down at her. He leaned down and kissed the top of her head.

"And you must be Tate. I've heard so much about you from your dad. I'm glad to have you staying with us for the week. My little girl is really excited to meet you. She hasn't stopped talking about having another girl to play with."

"Alright well we are going to head to the airport. Best to be extra early then almost late." My dad said, sitting my suitcase down by the door, grabbing my mom's hand.

"Oh okay. Well have a good trip. We'll be good here." Ms. Knight said, looking over at me.

"Well, we'll call you when we land, okay Tate?" my mom asks me

"Okay mom." i say with a small smile "And thank you so much for doing this for us Linda."

"It's no problem at all, we are happy to have her staying with us for a while. If yall need her to say longer, just let me know, it's no problem at all." Ms. Knight said

"Thanks so much. Ready to go hun?" Mom turned to dad and he nodded his head

"Alright bye Tate and thank you again Linda." mom says opening the door and stepping out onto the front porch.

"Bye guys." and with that they were gone. Off to Texas.

At that moment, a little girl comes running down the stairs. She was so adorable.

"Hi mommy, is that Tate?" the little girl asked Ms. Knight. "Yeah sweetie it is, say hi." she said, gesturing to me. The little girl walked towards me and I crouched down so that I was now on her level.

"Hi Tate, I'm Samantha but you can call me Sammy if you want, I don't mind. Im six. How old are you?" she said to me with the cutest little smile on her face.

"Well hello Sammy, that's a really pretty name for a really adorable six year old. Im seventeen." I tell her

"Really?!, my big brother is seventeen. He is so amazing, he's like my best friend but sometimes he doesn't want to play dolls with me. Would you like to play with me while you're here?" she asked with hopeful curiosity.

"Of course I will, pinky promise." I extended my pinky towards her and she hooked her tiny one with mine. I stood make up

"You hear that mommy, Tatey said that she will play with me." she said to her mom. "Wait, is it okay that i call you that Tate?" she turned back to me and asked

"Of course it is sweetie, you can call me whatever you like." i tell her

"Yay, Tatey it is!"

"Alright Sammy, can you please go get your brother? I have no idea what he's doing up there." Mr. Knight asked. Sammy just nodded and ran back up the stairs.