The Met

Several months had passed since you last saw Allen, but if what he was posting on his social media was anything to go by, you'd say he was doing pretty damn good for himself. He didn't post any of his new paintings, but he did share pictures of his sketches and professional photography. He even shared some pictures of his domestic life like hitting the gym, visiting his parents, and hanging out with friends. For once in his life since you met him, he looked genuinely happy.

It was then that you received a text from the brunet man, saying that he had something exciting that he wanted to show you. You asked if that was his way of saying he wanted you to fly up for the weekend, which it was. You mentioned that it would have to be the following weekend, as you had some very important business to attend to this weekend. He seemed bummed out about it, but said that it was okay. He had to remind himself that you had your own business to run and that he shouldn't get in the way of you doing so.

When the following weekend came, you couldn't wait to get to New York. Your week had been full of business meetings and making sure you had enough staff to cover for the weekend while some of your more seasoned employees were on much needed vacations. The plane ride was boring, as usual, but you found a decent movie to watch, making the flight seem not so long. Allen picked you up at the airport, immediately wrestling you into a bear hug and picking you up from the ground. Your duffel bag was discarded on the ground as you hugged back, laughing as he spun you around slightly.

"Well damn. If I'd have known you missed me that much I would have packed for a longer stay."

"You've got a business to run, doll. All I need is a weekend with you every once in awhile, and my (y/n)-meter gets completely recharged."

"Alright, that sounded gross," you laughed, bending down to pick up your duffel.

He thought for a moment before cringing. "Let's pretend I never said that and just go."

"Go where? You sounded like you were plotting when I talked to you on the phone before I left my house."

"You'll see," he said, loading your duffel into the trunk of his car, which was located under the hood rather than the tail end.

"Woah woah woah!"

"That's a lot of 'woah's you've got there."

You shot him a glare at his attempt at humor. "What happened to the old Hyundai?!"

"Sheba? Yeah, I traded her in and got Katarina." He gestured to the red 2020 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray. "Pretty, ain't she?"

"She's gorgeous, but... What made you buy such a new car?"

"Took what you said to heart and started buying things for myself. Katarina was an impulse buy, and I fucking love her."

You nodded and checked out the interior of the car once seated. At a loss for words, you buckled up and sat silently while he got in and started the engine. He grinned at you with a wink before pulling his aviator shades down and backing out of his parking spot. You hit the road, heading towards New York City rather than the outskirts that Allen lived in. Eyeing him curiously, you refrained from asking where you were going. When you pulled into the parking lot, you instantly knew where he had taken you.

"The Met?" you asked, getting out of the car once parked and turned off.

"Fuck yeah! This is what I wanted to show you so badly." He stepped out of his vehicle and locked it before walking towards the entrance of the main building.

"But we've been here before."

"Yeah, but they're always adding new exhibits and collections, and I most certainly do know that they have new pieces on display that you haven't seen yet."