Chapter-8

I couldn't accept the fact that two guys like me? Like, seriously they like me? What's wrong with them? Also, they both have been "ex-lovers" of the most dreadful person in high school.

This my friends, is what you call bad luck. I might as well get drunk and throw up on someone to make this the best night ever!

I got up from the couch to go and look for Debbie. All this information was too much for me to handle and I wanted to leave this place as soon as I could.

I looked around the big and crowded hall but I couldn't find her. Checking the rooms probably wouldn't be the best idea. So, I went to the backdoor which faced towards the backyard.

I quickly dialled Debbie's number. The phone bell was ringing but she wasn't picking up the call. Of course! She wouldn't, how will she be able to hear anything with songs blasting through the speakers.

I turned to go back inside, to ask someone to drive me home. But then I heard two girls talking with each other. Somewhere on the right side of the backyard.

"Good job with keeping Katelyn away!"

"I'm sorry, I-I tried to stop her." I heard a familiar voice.

I went a little closer to the area from where I heard these voices.

As I went nearer, I found Debbie talking with Aubrey. I felt like I couldn't breathe, tears welled up in my eyes as I felt a big lump in my throat. A tear slipped through my cheeks. She can't betray me? Can she? I hid myself behind a bush to make sure that everything is alright and that this will be just a small misunderstanding.

"I promised you that I'd help you with Liam if you manage to keep her away for the night!" Aubrey was literally shouting at Debbie but I couldn't do anything to stop her because I wanted to know why did Debbie do all this.

At the back of my mind I still thought of her as my friend and maybe that is why she came here. She felt threatened by Aubrey yet she came through, even though she couldn't stop me.

 People would think I was crazy for taking Debbie's side but I didn't want our friendship to go down the drain just because of a stupid guy and a psychotic bully.

"I know and I'm sorry. The only reason I came here was to apologize to you personally, please give me a chance."

"Fine! Come at my house tomorrow, we need to talk!" Aubrey stomped off into the house.

Wow, so the only reason she had come here was to apologize to Aubrey and the only reason she didn't want me to go to that party was because Aubrey told her to not let me. Great! I got up from the hiding spot and went to the front of the house.

I was not crying yet, I was holding it together but I failed when someone put a hand on my shoulder and asked "Is everything okay?" 

"Just, leave me alone." I begged as I burst into tears. The last thing I wanted to do was to explain how I was feeling in that terrible condition. I thought that I'd have pretty much ruined my make-up and would be swollen.

I turned around and found Ryder looking at me with concern, "What's wrong?" he asked.

"Everything, now go away!" my voice was barely a whisper and broke when I said "away". I knew that I was a horrible person for telling him off like that but I couldn't deal with all of that at once.

I was sobbing, I was a mess and had a complete breakdown in front of person I barely knew. Congrats to me! If there was a 'Complete Mess Award' I would've won it multiple times today, I thought.

I couldn't believe I had lost both of my friends, long-term childhood friends. Friends who I trusted with everything, just in a span of two days. First, Asher and then Debbie. Great.

A few seconds later, I felt a tap on my shoulder, I turned around to find Nicole and Claire standing behind me.

"She got to you too, didn't she?" Claire looked at me with empathy. As if she already knew something like this would happen.

Both Claire and Nicole hugged me.

"It will be fine." Nicole said in a soft and assuring voice.

How would it be fine? It was like my world had fallen apart just because two people like me. I wish that I had never agreed to go to the party in the first place. Debbie was right but she had wronged me terribly.

Both of them didn't release from the hug. Eventually I stopped crying and got myself together. They released me from the hug once I stopped crying.

"Can any of you drop me at my house?" my voice quavered as I wiped the tears off of my cheeks and took a deep breath.

"Yeah, we all are heading back to our houses, Ryder will drop all of us." Nicole replied and went inside the big mansion to find Ryder.

"Well, I'm glad that you're feeling a little better. I know it's hard, me and Nicole have been there," Claire started but then looked at me. "I guess we'll discuss later, you don't look fine." She finished and I nodded.

My heart was pounding because of crying, my head was aching badly and I was tired as hell because of all the drama.

"Guys, let's go." Nicole said as she made her way to us with Ryder.

"You guys stay here, I'll bring the car near the gate." He said as he walked away.

"I hope that you guys don't mind leaving early because of me." My voice was still quavering. I should get myself together.

"Oh, it's no problem at all, we were about to leave anyway. It's eleven already." Nicole assured me and Claire nodded.

Soon, Claire's phone rang.

"Let's go now, he's here." Claire said and all of us headed to the front gate.

I saw a phantom brown Toyota Corolla just outside the gate.

I opened the door to the back seat. Me and Claire sat together at the back while Nicole opened the door to the front seat.

Ryder started the car and we were soon on road.

I explained to Ryder the directions to my place.

"Okay, so first stop is Nicole's, then Claire's and then yours." Ryder spoke after listening to the directions.

I kept quiet. I had a lot on my mind. Also, I couldn't meet Liam today. But who cares, I've been through a lot already and if he invited me, he should have been the one to find me.

Also, why did he invite me to a party if his ex-girlfriend would be there. He's a complete jerk. I am the one suffering because of him.

I made a mental note to not talk with Liam. Also, Debbie, what should I do about her? She has betrayed me after long years of friendship and so did Asher. Even if the world ended today, I wouldn't be much surprised.

I was interrupted from my thoughts as the car came to a stop, it was Nicole's house. She got out of the car and waved us goodbye. I waved back, even though I wasn't feeling like doing anything. But, why should I make these people suffer because of me. They're just trying to help me out.

The car started again and Ryder's aux cable was connected to the car's stereo. A song was playing, I listened to it and got lost in my thoughts again. (Linking the song below)

The betrayal, the friendship, years of trust, our childhood memories and all the promises we all, Debbie, Asher and me made to not break our friendship flashed through my brain. This was all because of that one party invitation which I accepted. That one invitation turned my whole world upside down. With all these thoughts, I don't know how but I fell asleep.

I mumbled some words before sleeping. I don't know what I said I was an emotional wreck and drunk at the same time.

When I woke up, I was completely shook, I was in Ryder's arms and I wasn't wearing my heels anymore. We were right outside my house.