Chapter-4

After Asher dropped me off at the front of my house, I went straight upstairs to my room which was on the second floor.

I unlocked the door, only to find my room in a complete mess.

Notebooks and papers were scattered all over the study table which was kept near the window. I completely forgot to make my bed in the morning and God, don't get me started about the closet!

I had to tidy up the whole room! But before that, I changed into a comfortable pair of black sweatpants and a black sweatshirt.

I tied my hair into a messy bun and started to tidy up the room. It took me good three hours to complete the processes and now that I was done, I was tired as hell!

I threw myself on the bed and lay there like a lifeless person.

How many calories I would've lost? I think I deserve a treat for doing so much work.

I headed downstairs, to the kitchen and found a piece of the leftover cake in the fridge that was bought for my dad's forty-seventh birthday. Three days ago.

It was kept in an air-tight lunch box, I took it out carefully and placed it on the kitchen counter's top.

"Katelyn, don't eat something heavy before dinner!" I heard a voice behind me.

I turned around to find a petite elderly lady, with an oval face and brown eyes. Her silver hair hung down to her shoulders. She wore a loose gray cardigan on top of her white full sleeves shirt and paired it with black leggings.

She looked young for her age, even though she was seventy plus, she looked like she barely entered her mid-sixties.

"How many times should I tell you the same thing over and over again?" she added with her arms folded.

"Okay, okay! What's for dinner though?"

"I am currently making chicken spaghetti casserole." She smiled gently as she knew that I loved her handmade chicken spaghetti casserole, it was one of her specialties and I loved it. 

"I'm making dinner a bit early because grandpa and I have to go to meet up with  some friends." Her face lit up at the mention of her friends.

"Grandma! You should have told me that earlier. You know that I would never eat anything if you made that."

"It is currently in the oven. So, turn the oven off after a beep because I'm going to the garden and it might take time."

"Where are you all meeting up? Lucinda's house?" 

"No, not today. We'll meet up at restaurant, each and everyone of will be there," I could see her spirits brighten at the mention of each and everyone being present there, "It has been more than six months since all of us have met together."

"Oh shoot, I have to see what changes I have to make in the garden." She turned around to hurry outside.

She abruptly turned back making me pause in confusion for a moment, "We'll leave around seven, so try to be at home." 

"Okay." I nodded and my grandma went to her room to get ready, it was five-thirty already.

Well, my grandpa and grandma went to the same high school and shared the same circle of friends. Their group was so close that even after all these years, they hung out at least once in two weeks. This year was the only exception to the 'two-week rule'  because most of the friend group's grandkids were either graduating high school or university or going for dances, etc..

But over here, I couldn't even hang out with my friends outside of school, once a month. Everyone was busy preparing for different tests taken by universities and colleges. They were busy applying to every college and university.