AUS: Renting a car

AUS: Alternative Universe scenes.

These are stories that happened in a universe that is not really the one I ended up with.

This particular story is what would have happened if Sam would have gone to the car company with Emma. I wrote this like 5 drafts ago when the idea of the story was really different. You'll notice even Sam's personality was really different, as it's a mix between Sam and Em... I ended up giving all the flirty traits to Emma, as in the original version, Sam n Em were so alike they seemed like one lol.

And Tane was not Tane back here either, as the idea of using Gods hadn't come to mind yet.

--------------

"Can I help you with anything?" The unknown male voice startles me, and I turn around with a little jump.

I've been walking back and forth around the company, looking at the cars on display, and reading all the posters on the walls for a while now. Em's been trying to sort things out with Catherine, and I was feeling super anxious about the uncomfortable confrontation, so I told her to call me if needed, and wandered off.

Now there's a tall guy standing in front of me. He's maybe a head taller than I am and has broad shoulders that fill up his white work shirt nicely, strong biceps poking out. His skin is even darker than mine, like a milk chocolate bar, and I'm picturing the delicious six-pack. His lips are curved into an adorable smile, he's got that kind of fuller lips I love, with the perfect Cupid's bow. And damn I need to stop staring into people's lips. I look back up, his dark eyes still fixated on me. It's only been an awkward moment since he spoke.

"It's okay, I'm just wandering around, waiting for my friend," I point at where Em is sitting. "There's been a mix-up with our booking and it looks like we won't be able to leave town today as we planned."

I'm trying to play it cool, but I'm actually shaking inside. We had a perfect itinerary planned out, and yes, we did leave an extra free day at the end of the trip in case something like this happened, but I wasn't expecting it to happen on day one! I've been chewing on my lip so badly, my hands actually fidgeting at my sides. And I think he's noticed.

"Oh, that's okay then. Would you like a cuppa while you wait?"

"Sure," I say. Thinking another coffee won't be too bad actually.

He walks to the back wall, where there's a bench with an electric kettle, and he turns it on. I can't help myself, and I glance down at his nice round butt as he shifts the weight from one leg to the other, his glutes tensing underneath his tight camel pants. He reaches for a little box on the side, pops the lid open, grabs a tea bag, and drops it into an empty mug. "Would you like some milk, or sugar?" He turns around and I move my eyes up again just in time so he doesn't catch me staring. Damn, I thought he meant coffee. But that's okay, tea might be better for my nerves.

"No, it's okay, I like it black." He turns back around quickly, and I think he's trying to hide a cheeky smile. I like it black? Really? I seriously need to work on my game. I bite my tongue not to laugh.

✢✢✢

We're walking out of the rental place, Em just finishing explaining the whole deal to me. She managed to get us a nice discount, but still no car until tomorrow. We're stranded. "Oh well, I'm sure there's plenty to do in the city anyway," she says.

"Yeah, but I don't like big cities, and that's exactly why we were going to get the fuck out of here as soon as possible."

"I know Sam, but shit happens for a reason." I can't refute that.