Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Aubrey was standing in front of her mirror again, she couldn't believe that she had willfully donned this outfit for a second time. 

She did not want any questions from Cheryl so she chose her and Jacob's date night to make her trip back to The Thorn.  She would do her own hair and makeup it wouldn't be as good as when her cousin had done it but she wasn't at a complete loss when it came to a flat iron and eye shadow.

She made sure the seam of the stockings was straight and attempted to tug down the dress a bit, she also wore a more reasonable pair of heels since she wouldn't have Ethans strong arms to assist her.

Tonight was reconnaissance; She had no plans for any sort of participation but she needed to see with her own eyes the reality of what the lifestyle was.  She had watched a few videos but from what the blogs said they tended to be much more extreme than what happened in an actual playroom.  Though not in all cases, she had read a particularly hot, yet disturbing blog with gory details and obviously candid photographs.

She thumbed through the magazine as she waited to hear Cheryl leave the house, it was nearly 10 p.m. which meant that her cousins date night would probably be an all nighter.  She was glad she wouldn't have to explain herself when she came home late though she had wanted to head out earlier.

Simple Submission was great resource for real life information on the lifestyle.  The entire last 10 pages of the magazines were stories and submissions by readers.  Aubrey was glad to realize that not all subs looked like Chai and Latte.  It seemed they came in all shapes and sizes, from supermodel thin to her size and even larger.

"Aubrey! I'm going," she heard Cheryl cry out from the hallway.

"Have fun Cher!" She answered.

"Oh you know I will," Her tone was sultry, Aubrey shuddered.

When Aubrey heard the door closed she went to the window and watched as she climbed into her car and drove off.

Aubrey ran in to Cheryl's room and plugged in her flat iron, while it heated she added some smoky accents to her eyes and a light coat of dark red lipstick.

She looked in the vanity mirror and sighed, definitely not as good as when she went to the club the first time, but it would work.

She turned off the flat iron and headed out of the house.  She took the same route to the club as Ethan had and walked to the door.  The bounce there put out his hand to stop her.

"Hey, what do you think you're doing? Back to the front!"

"This isn't the front?" she asked, confused.

"Don't play dumb, if you want in you gotta wait, like everyone else."

"I...okay." She turned around and walked around the corner of the building, her eyes widened, the line was nearly a full block long.

She went over and stood next to a group of women who were huddled together against the cool night breeze.

They turned to look at her as she approached and then turned their backs to her completely.  They feigned whispers.

"Why would she wear something so tight?" The tallest one questioned

"Does she think she looks hot?" piped in a second

"This club isn't for people like her," Aubrey couldn't tell who had said it.

"I know right, this isn't a chubby chasers club," another added

Aubrey heard all of it. Of course, they had meant her to.  She straightened her back and ignored their hurtful comments as best she could.  She knew if she did they would soon get bored with their childish game.