Chapter 14

"Whyyy are you dressing uuuuup?" Tyler whined from his bed, his face turning red from having his head hanging upside down from its edge.

I looked down at myself. I was only wearing jeans and a sweater. What the hell was he talking about? "I'm not dressing up."

Tyler sat up. "Every time you wear something other than sports pants or joggings and your Ugg boots, I consider it dressing up."

I glared at him. "I don't own Ugg boots."

"Those weird slipping shoes you have are totally like Ugg boots."

I ignore that comment, because whatever, I knew I was a basic bitch, I wasn't going to argue with him on the semantics. "Why are you analysing my clothes, you weirdo?"

"I need to make sure you're not on your way to some shameless hook up. This is my best indicator. Why are you dressing up?"

So like, I enjoyed having a friend that cared about me, but I was also getting annoyed with having a friend that cared too much about me. Mind your own goddamn business was popping in my head. "Jeez, way to make me feel self conscious, dude. I'm not dressing up. I'm just putting clothes on. I'm going to work on a school project, okay?"

"What? You have a biology class and you need to study the reproductive system?" he asked, clearly pleased with himself.

I gave him nothing. "No, it's for an art class and I'm preparing a fake exhibit."

"An exhibition full of black and white videos of people doing it," he said, still thinking he was clever.

"Oh my god!" I exclaimed, very annoyed now.

"I'm right, aren't I?"

I started to put my things in my bag, turning my back on him. "Tyler Grayson, shut your whore mouth. I am not going to have sex with anyone. I'm giving my class notes to the person I'm doing my project with and then we'll work on the project and I'll come back right after and we can have dinner together."

"You said person. It's a girl, isn't it?" I could hear the grin without seeing it.

I turned around. Resting bitch face engaged. "Yeah. Is that a problem?"

"I don't know, do you plan on banging her?"

I threw my arms in the air. "Oh my god, no!"

"Alright..." Tyler trailed, not convinced. He narrowed his eyes at me, "but why am I just hearing about this school partner?"

I didn't know why I hadn't talked about Esther. I guess it just didn't seem relevant, like I needed to talk about her with anyone. Tyler and Vanessa weren't introducing me to every person they had school projects with. "Because I know you and I knew you'd start making ridiculous assumptions."

"Huh, uh. Sure, sure, sure, yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, okay, okay," he rambled.

I threw something at him. "You're an awful best friend."

"You never take notes in class."

I put on my shoes. "I take notes in class."

"Never in an art class."

I straightened up, grabbing my bag. "I'm turning a new leaf."

"Oh yeah, right, sure."

I was done with this conversation. "I'm leaving," I told him and didn't wait for an answer as I made my way to the library.