where did that girl go?

although she's lying quietly, staring at the white painted ceiling, she can hear her heart silently breaking in the midst of nowhere.
that's where she finds herself at.
it seemed like an eternity ago, there was a real, pure smile wanting to creep up on her face.
a real laugh, wanting to escape her lips.
she loved feeling like that and missed the pure feeling.
but then again, that seemed like forever ago.
where did that girl go?
was she gone, flying in the cold wind off to nowhere?
or to a land that protects the old happiness of her heart? her old self?
she often wonders what happened to her mind. the mind that she liked stuck being in. but now, she felt as if she was trapped in her train of thinking.
constant thoughts rapidly flowing like waves,
reaching the surface, and dying down. constantly.
the cycle repeating over and over again.
her face was like an empty sky. except her emotions were hidden underneath the clouds.
just like the brightest stars were.
her emotions were all over the place, like small piles of trash scattered around a junkyard. each of those pieces of garbage had a story to tell, just like each of her emotions did.
one minute, she feels like everything is okay again. but then suddenly, it all comes crashing down to the surface.
her walls going back up to the surface. she doesn't want to let anyone in anymore. she can't. she doesn't.
all she wanted was to be happy again.
she wanted to snatch her old self from the wind and be her again.
she couldn't seem to find herself.
where did that girl go?