3. Refuge and Escalation

A few hours later, after being forced to leave his own home, Sonic arrives at Amy's doorstep. Knowing how Amy always acts whenever Sonic visits, even if it was for less than a minute, Sonic clearly isn't enthusiastic about what he's about to do. But, out of necessity, Sonic ringed her doorbell. Not long after, the door opens, revealing a very overzealous Amy.

"Omigosh, Sonic! Hiya, good to see-" Amy gleefully greets Sonic, but stopped mid-sentence as she was shocked to see his condition, with a red-stained tissue plugging one of his nostrils and a backpack slumped over one of his shoulders. "Oh my! What happened to you? Are you hurt? And why are you carrying that backpack?"

"Long story. Can I come in?" Sonic asked, the slight discomfort ever present in his tone.

"Sure, sure! Come in! Do you need any help?" Amy said as she offered Sonic to come inside and have a seat on her living room couch.

"Yeah, I do. A big one, too. So, here's the thing: Tails just kicked me out of the house."

"Whaaat!? Really? What happened between you two?"

"We got into this massive argument. I don't wanna talk about it. Look, for now, I was wondering, can I... stay in your place for a while? At least until Tails changes his mind. Please?" Sonic practically begged to the pink hedgehog. Although it is true that Sonic is quite accustomed to living a nomad lifestyle, that is merely a fact of the past. Ever since he settled in with Tails, he started to become comfortable with the concept of permanent residency, and even that is a fact of the past as well.

Amy falls silent for a few seconds. Her face goes blank and her mind begins to wander somewhere else.

"Uhh... Amy?" Sonic asked as he waved his palm in front of her face before snapping his fingers as if trying to put her out of a state of hypnosis. Amy then comes back to her senses after a brief trip via the inner workings of her own imagination.

"OH! Umm, sure! Just... give me a moment, please."

Amy gets up from her seat and walks into her bedroom and closes the door. A few seconds later, some... fangirling noises can be faintly heard from the room. Sonic then starts to ponder about his choices in life.

"Yup, I knew this would happen. So, why did I do it? I had lots of other options than Amy's place, so... wait a minute, WAIT A MINUTE! What the- did I seriously just make that mistake!? Ugh! Why am I such an idiot!? Literally any other place would've been better than this! Silver's, the Chaotix's base, hell, even Shadow's tiny apartment! So, why didn't I- ARRRGH I'M SUCH AN IDIOT!" Sonic's mind monologued to himself. Strangely enough, Amy was the first person to come to Sonic's mind when he figured he needed help.

Not long after, Amy came bursting out of her room and hugged Sonic like she never had before, slightly suffocating him.

"Omigosh I can't believe this is actually happening! You and me living together under the same roof! How romantic is that!?"

"That's enough," said Sonic grumpily as he struggled to get Amy to release her bear-like hug.

"We're gonna be like... a married couple! Like husband and wife, AAAAA JUST THE THOUGHT OF IT!"

"That's enough, Amy," said Sonic again, the irritation in his voice starting to become more apparent.

"We're gonna have so much fun together! We're gonna watch some K-dramas, have three meals together every day, and-"

"I SAID ENOUGH!"

Having been pushed to his limit, Sonic shoved Amy away with enough force for her to fall and land on her back. Amy's demeanors immediately changed from overzealous to fearful.

A Broken Bondजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें