I'm a Monster

They both walked to her apartment, when they finally arrived at the building. Lee Rang looked at her and said "now get lost!"

Instead of getting angry at him she removed his coat and placed it on his shoulders, her hand moveded to his coat's collar to his chest and he held her hand and placed in his chest. Hjejin could hear his heart beats as if he was telling he was not a monster but a man who wanted to be loved.

"You don't have to do this, forget me like I don't exist or else you'll suffer." Lee Rang said holding her hand close to his heart.

"No stop this, you deserve happiness Rang just like everyone else."

"Leave when I'm asking you nicely or else..." He threatened but Hjejin stood there indifferent. "Do you wanna know how I recovered so quickly from that attack earlier, you saw everything."

Hjejin was curious but didn't say anything and her hand slipped away from his grasp.

"I sucked a human soul and now his life span is mine that's how I stay immortal. Sucking the souls of humans like you, your mother, you father--." A slapped was placed at his face before he could finish his words.

Lee Rang smiled. "Now you realised I'm a monster."
Hjejin shook her head in disbelief and walked back to her apartment, after all this time he never changed but she still didn't hate him, she pitied him.

"What's with that woman, why she's not even afraid of me and those look in her eyes, I hate that?" He thought to himself and shortly after reassuring that she was safe he also left the building.

When Lee Rang arrived at his apartment he wanted to be left alone but Yoori was there, after seeing that Lee Rang recovered Yoori asked him if it was because he had those cherries and after realising that was the case she left happily and informed Lee Rang that Yeon has visited. Lee Rang sat alone in his room eating those sweet flowers and remembering the time he was young and was loved.
***

Hjejin eyes were filled with tears and she even herself didn't know why, why would she ran after Lee Rang? Why she checked on him?

Annoyed by her own actions she took an alcohol bottle out of her fridge.

"It is bad for your health." A voice echoed from the back, she looked back and a there stood a handsome man that Hjejin didn't recognise.

"Okay whoever you are get out because in this apartment there is nothing you could stole and for a fact I'm a police officer." Hjejin threatened him.

He just smiled creepily. "A mere human don't have anything that could tempt me but I'm curious why you were at Lee Rang's fear even though it looks like you're nothing to him."

"Who are you and how you know that?" Hjejin asked curiously.

That guy pointed at the paper which sticked to a board where Hjejin generally studied her cases but for past days the board was filled with pictures of mythological creatures and what he was pointing at was the picture of 'Imoogi'.

She looked at the board then him and said. "Alright so...?"

"You're not afraid of me?" He asked curiously.

"Well what can you probably do, kill me it will happen sooner and later so I don't care." She said indifferently. "Forget about the introduction tell me why are you here?"

"You look indifferent but your heart is hurt, Lee Rang brooke you tiny little heart didn't he?" Imoogi said smilingly. "I guess you're no use to me. I thought you were his mistress or something but you are nothing to him, so I could not harm him through you. Forget about everything."

Hjejin opened her mouth to curse but he was gone, she didn't even knew what just happened really happened or not but one thing for sure it was all real.

Now she was more angrier some randome dude came to her apartment and told that Lee Rang hurted her, what the hell. She opened the bottle of alcohol but then her phone rung, it was some officer from the the team who were now handling the missing cases. She quickly answered the call.

"Hello, senior what is it?"

"Come quickly we have found a body of the missing victim, it's hard to explain it's state but come here and see it for yourself, I'll message you the location."

This time she took her jacket and ran towards the address her senior had send her.
Hjejin wasn't assigned to those cases anymore but her curiousity always took best of her.

When she walked in the crime scene what she saw was hard describe, a human was thrust in wall and her face and body has no trace of blood in them, in her whole career she never saw such thing. She investigated further and further and found that dead body was indeed one of the victims of the missing cases.

Without sleeping a blink she went to police station. When another cases followed the way.

Unprecedented Mass suicide
132 people suicide in Geumrang-gu

She was shocked by the news but still job was job when suddenly Lee Rang entered the station panting and as he saw Hjejin, he sighed with relief.

Lee Rang ran towards her and hugged her tightly. "Oh goodness you are safe."

Haneul excitedly gasped in happiness and Jong-Suk looked rather timid.
~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

A/n
I'm so sorry for delaying this chapter for a whole weak. I'm really really sorry.
I was so indulge in my novel that I forgot everything but that's just an excuse.
I'm so sorry I will try to do better from now on. Forgive me.

Thank you for reading even though I'm a piece of trash ಥ‿ಥ

Thank you <3