Chapter 13

I tried everything. Picking the lock had been a failure. I then tried to hack the door down with an axe with dried dead mans blood on it, a weapon used on vampires, but my arms were fatigued after three swings. I sat in the floor for about an hour, drinking water from the mini fridge and working up the strength to pick the axe back up and try it again. As I opened my fourth bottle of water, sun light glistened off of my metal plated bracelet. I looked up and my eyes scanned the room, searching for the source. A small window, just big enough for me to fit through, was expertly placed at the top of the weapons wall. I jumped up and moved into action. I grabbed the mini fridge, yanking the cord from the socket, and dragged it underneath the window. I took a few plastic crates and piled them on top. I then used the step stool by the garage door to get on top of the crates. "Perfect." I said to myself. I pushed the window open and looked down. A few bushes that were lining the side of the house were placed underneath the window. I grinned and pulled myself up. This would be the most daring escape I've pulled in my entire life. I would have to go out head first. I climbed out until I was hanging by my feet out of the window. I looked to my right and sighed in relief to find a drainage pipe there. I grabbed it and let my feet slip from the window. My body twisting awkwardly and painfully but I landed on my butt instead of my head. I got up and twisted side to side and rubbed my butt. "Damn Lycans." I was beyond angry and was strategically plotting out Castiel's murder in my head.

He'd locked the front door but one of the windows on the side was unlocked. I moved the screen away and climbed through. Castiel had left my car keys sitting on the counter. He hadn't expected me to get out. "Serve's his ass right. He'll be the first one I shoot." I snatched my keys up and stormed out of the house. I locked the door behind me before jogging to the car and sliding in quickly. The engine revved and I tore out of the driveway. I slammed the gas pedal down, already doing 100 mph. I was jubilant that Officer Kyle wasn't around.

I got to Drake's house in record time, skidding to a stop in front of the porch steps. There were a few wolves out front and they stood at the sight of my approaching car. I peeled out of the car and slammed the door shut. I pulled the gun from my waist and all of their eyes went wide. "Oh this isn't for you guys. Just Castiel, so if you could kindly direct me to my ass brained mate's location that would be greatly appreciated." I gave them a sickly sweet smile and they all pointed towards a compound much smaller than the main house. "Thank you." I tipped my head and they nodded slowly. I walked quickly towards the house and threw the door open. It was one large room with a imposing steel door in the far corner. There were only four people in the room. Drake, his mate, Maggie, and Castiel. My temper flared at the sight of him. I pointed the gun at his chest and his eyes widened in shock.

"You goddamn ass whole." I moved quickly, shooting a bullet into the floor before his feet. He jumped back and his eyes darkened. "Aurora-" I laughed cynically and shook my head. "Oh no. Don't you start. You left me locked in the fucking garage for hours while you had a little fucking pow wow." I waved the gun around carelessly and I noticed him take a step forward. "I will blow your goddamn brains out Castiel. Do not test me right now." I was bluffing, he knew it, but he didn't try to get any closer. He put his hands up in surrender. "I was only trying to protect you." He said calmly. I shot at his feet again and he moved away from it quickly, moving backwards. "Do you know who I am? I am a Hunter! I can take care of myself. I don't need you to fight my battles! You don't get to dictate what I do with my life. If you ever so much as mention doing something even remotely similar to the shit you pulled today, I will shoot you Castiel. And I shoot to kill. No more warning shots." I clicked the safety on the gun and put it back in the waist of my jeans. Castiel lowered his arms and ran a hand through his hair. "You shot at me?" He asked, wounded. But I didn't care. He hadn't cared when he locked me in the garage. "I did, and I will do it again if I have to." I crossed my arms over my chest. "I'm sorry Aurora. I realize it wasn't a good idea to lock you in there but my mind has not been changed. I will not allow you to fight in Drake's war. I will not risk your life in that way. If I lost you, I would not be able to live with myself. So you may be here now, but as soon as danger looms on the horizon, I am taking you away." He'd obviously ignored me the entire time I'd been speaking.