1-

Pov: Rachell
"Hello?" I said as I picked up the phone. I usually wouldn't pick up to a number i didn't know, but this number had called me at least five times in the past hour.
"Hello, Rachell. I'm assuming you didn't have my number saved, seeing as I had to call you 7 times before you answered." Came the unmistakable voice of my brother, Evan. "Why are you calling me?" I asked. I don't have the best relationship with my brother, so it's weird for him to be calling me. "Is that any way to greet your brother?" "Oh fuck off. Why did you call me?" I asked, already annoyed with him. "I'm getting married to Amber in two weeks and she convinced me to invite you to the wedding. If you want to come I'll send you the details." "Oh I don't know... I'm pretty busy..." "Busy with what?" He scoffed. "You don't have a job. All you do is sit in front of your computer playing games made for children all day." "You are such a fucking asshole. And fine, I'll come, but I can back out at any time." "Sure. Sending you the details." He said as he hung up.
I don't have a great relationship with my brother and I really wasn't looking forward to siting through a wedding ceremony, but I knew my family would be there. I did it mostly to see my family as I haven't seen them in a while and really missed them.

Pov: Citrine
"Mom I don't want to go." I told my mom, knowing she wouldn't take it for an answer. "Citrine, she's your cousin. She's getting married and this is a very important milestone for her. She wants you there." Came my mother's tired voice through the phone. "If she wanted me to come so badly, she would have called me herself." "She is getting married honey. She has a lot to do and a lot to worry about. She already sent you the invite, she just wants me to confirm with you. I'm sure she'll call you once you've confirmed." I roll my eyes. "Okay, sure I'll go." I said tiredly, not wanting to argue with my mother. "That's wonderful honey! I'm sure she'll be delighted once I tell her!" My mother's tired voice turned exited. "Ok. Bye mom." I hung up.
I sighed as I flopped down on my couch. Amber's never been nice to me, I don't get why my mom wants me to go to her wedding. I know that I'm 25 and I probably shouldn't be so caught up on things that happened when we were children, but she was terrible to me. I remember when we were 7, my mom let us go to the corner shop together. She had pockets and I didn't, so my mother gave her the money. At the shop, I asked her for my half of it and she told me that all the money was for her and when I told her that it was my mother who had given her the money, so she needed to give me some, she told me that my mother didn't love me and everyone's lives would be better if I was dead. When I was 10, she told me that if I kept dressing how I did I would get raped. That's when I stopped talking to her. Until I was 15. She had somehow found out that I was dating a woman and outed me to our entire school and family. And now, I have to go to her wedding.
I heard my phone ring and I answered it without checking who was calling, immediately regretting it when I heard Ambers voice. "So you're actually coming." "I mean yeah. You invited me." I replied. "I only invited you because it's what's expected of me, seeing as you're my cousin. I mean I don't think I can make it any more clear that I don't like you." "Look, it's not like I actually want to go. I just didn't want to argue with my mom and you know your mom will freak out if she doesn't have her 'perfect family' there. You don't have to like me, just be civil." "Whatever. Just make sure not to dress like a slut. I don't need you embarrassing me in front of my husband and in-laws. And you can't bring a plus one." She hung up.
Every conversation with any member of my family is emotionally draining and they will all be there at the wedding. God, I'm really not looking forward to it.