3 | nice to meet you

Chapter Three
𝙽𝚒𝚌𝚎 𝚃𝚘 𝙼𝚎𝚎𝚝 𝚈𝚘𝚞

Asher was expecting Rebekah Mikaelson to be singing in the mirror or painting her nails, not something as mundane as sleeping

He had phased through her door to get in. He would've knocked, but... you know. He was praying she was fully clothed and to his comfort, she was.

He admired her bedroom that had a white and gold color scheme. Her bedsheets were white with gold flecks, similar to the curtains.

Asher walked over to the side of the bed she was facing and just stared at Rebekah in awe. Never had he seen someone so beautiful.

She had a slight pout on her pink lips and her left hand was under her face. He watched as her chest rose and fell.

He whispered, "I can't wait to meet you, my love."

And so he sat in a chair and waited until his beloved woke up during the early hours of the day. She began to move in her sleep, squeezing her eyes closed tighter. "Good morning, Rebekah," he whispered, coming off more creepy then he would have liked.

She gasped and sat up with a scowl on her face. "Who are you?" She asked in her beautiful accent. It made him smile just hearing it.

"I'm Asher, a... ghost. I don't mean you any harm, I swear it." He stood and put up his hand, gesturing to hers, "May I?"

Rebekah didn't respond, maintaining her glare. Asher took that as an okay. Rebekah watched as his hand passed right through hers. She scooted backwards with visible confusion.

"What are you doing here, why are you here?" she asked brushing a piece of hair out of her face.

"Well, I've been wandering the streets of New Orleans for a few days now and I kept hearing about the originals. I wanted to meet one for myself," Asher said, moving back to the chair. "You were the most appealing.... so, friends?"

Rebekah found it odd that she already wanted to be friends with this 'ghost'. It was a soulmate-esque type of bond, not that the original would've guessed it. She nodded to his question which made him smile.

The two talked for around twenty minutes before Rebekah remembered she had plans today. "I'm supposed to be helping my sister with a spell. As much as I'm enjoying this conversation, we've got to cut it short. You can join me though?"

"She wouldn't be able to see me," Asher quickly denied.

Rebekah walked to her dresser to pick out an outfit. She furrowed her eyebrows in realization. "Wait. Why can I see you?" she asked looking back at him.

Asher hesitated before he answered. Rebekah didn't notice. "Because I was a strong witch before I died. I guess I'm strong enough to reach back to the living," he shrugged, not really knowing what else to tell her.

"So then why can't Freya see you?"

"I'm only strong enough to reach to one person. I chose you." This was only a half lie. He could either have everybody see him, or nobody. Meaning he could only talk to Rebekah while she's alone.

"I'm flattered." The original sister walked to her bathroom to get changed. When she emerged, Asher was on her bed, reading a book.

"Rebekah, you look beautiful." Asher commented, looking up from his book. He had a admiring look on his face. Rebekah smiled brightly at him.

"Thank you." She walked to the door but before she left her ghost friend called her. "Yeah?" She asked.

"Don't tell anyone about me?" He almost cringed at how blunt he was being. It was a necessary evil— lying, as much as he'd rather avoid it.

To his surprise, Rebekah nodded without question. "Your secret is safe with me," she nodded and slipped out of her room.

Asher smiled at where she once stood before teleporting away to Klaus' room to see how his sister's confrontation went.

wc: 661