1 | prologue

Chapter One
𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎

Athens and Asher Young walked through the streets of New Orleans, only visible to each other

Athens and Asher Young walked through the streets of New Orleans, only visible to each other. People continuously walked straight through them and neither twin seemed to mind.

The moon had risen and it created an ominous glow along the streets. The city had always looked beautiful in the day, and even more so at night. Her brother stifled a laugh at her awestruck expression.

"Oh, shush, Asher. It's been a while since New Orleans was right in front of us and not some Fiery map," she halfway scowled at him, too entranced to even be phased by his teasing.

"Yes, but you know as well as I that there are more interesting things than the city. You know, like lover boy. Niklaus, was it?" Her brother had a knowing smile on his face. Athens only smirked.

"Alike to you and Rebekah?" She tiled her head and laughed when he didn't respond. "That's what I thought."

"In all fairness we haven't even met them yet. I've heard that brother is quite aggressive."

She nodded in agreement and stopped walking. "And Rebekah is supposedly bitchy, we're both in for a challenge."

Asher looked up to the compound with an uneasy expression. Athens noticed and gave him a small smile. "I'm the one who's probably going to get strangled. You'll just get yelled at."

"Probably," Asher nodded, earning a shove from his sister. "Hey, I'm kidding. Although, I do wish you luck, sister." He put both hands in his pockets and leaned forward, giving her a serious look.

"As I you, brother." She watched as Asher walked through the gate of the compound, soon following after him.

wc: 279